Brown Aveda Institute - Mentor is located in Mentor, Ohio, and is a career institution that specializes in cosmetology training. The National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences has accredited the instruction & training provided by Brown Aveda Institute - Mentor for over five years. The main program offered by this school is in cosmetology, which trains students with the skills and education needed to obtain licensure and seek out long term employment after graduation. In addition, this school also offers an esthetics program, for individuals who wish to focus on skin treatments and care and a nail technology program, which offers education in nail care.
The school enrolls about 140 students yearly, which can provide a great learning environment for students. This school reported students had a federal loan default rate of around 6.7% in 2009.
Brown Aveda Institute - Mentor offers services for students in the form of cosmetology career counseling assistance to help students, job placement opportunities for individuals looking for work, and flexible courses for those with irregular schedules. State and county licensing procedures may differ, and as such it is recommended students research getting a license in cosmetology. For information and consumer disclosures, please check out school's website.
Below is a listing of the programs that may be offered at Brown Aveda Institute – Mentor. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at 44025612.
The salon management programs listed below are broken down by the number of contact hours offered.
1,800 Contact Hours
- Estimated tuition and fees: $19,000 per year*
- Cost of required supplies: $3,000*
- Takes about 14 months to complete
750 Contact Hours
- Estimated tuition and fees: $11,000 per year*
- Cost of required supplies: $2,000*
- Takes about 8 months to complete
300 Contact Hours
- Estimated tuition and fees: $3,000 per year*
- Cost of required supplies: $300*
- Takes about 3 months to complete
Cosmetology (1,500 Hours)
The cosmetology program takes about twelve months for most students to complete.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $16,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $2,700*
- 15 students completed the cosmetology program last year
- Takes about 12 months to complete
Learn more and browse other schools listed by visiting our cosmetology schools profile page.
Esthetician (600 Hours)
The esthetician program offered on average takes about six months to complete and may fulfill course requirements for licensing.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $9,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $1,800*
- 13 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the esthetician program is usually 6 months
Get more information about esthetician and browse other schools listed by going to our esthetician schools information page.
The program offered on average takes about six months to complete and may fulfill course requirements for licensing.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $3,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $700*
- Takes about 6 months to complete
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The net cost of this school is close to - annually, after the various types of aid, including scholarships and grants, are taken into consideration. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. Students wishing to apply to this school must pay an application fee of $50. Financial aid information may be obtained by contacting the financial aid office at (440) 255-9494 x333. The financial details shown on this page are an approximation. The actual costs may differ, please contact Brown Aveda Institute – Mentor for more information.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||86%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||65%||$3,946|
|Receiving Student Loans||82%||$6,974|
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to Brown Aveda Institute – Mentor. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Regency Beauty Institute - Cleveland in Willoughby, OH (11 miles away)
- Inner State Beauty School in Lyndhurst, OH (14 miles away)
- Allstate Hairstyling & Barber College in Cleveland, OH (24 miles away)
- Paul Mitchell The School Cleveland in Twinsburg, OH (25 miles away)
- Brown Aveda Institute - Rocky River in Rocky River, OH (30 miles away)
- Fairview Beauty Academy in Fairview Park, OH (33 miles away)
- Regency Beauty Institute - North Olmsted in North Olmsted, OH (35 miles away)
- Raphael's School of Beauty Culture Inc - Brunswick in Brunswick, OH (39 miles away)