California Hair Design Academy, located in the residential area of La Mesa, CA, focuses on cosmetology training for interested students. The National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences has accredited the instruction & training provided by California Hair Design Academy for over 39 years. California Hair Design Academy offers a comprehensive cosmetology program that trains students for entry into the beauty industry as licensed and qualified professionals. In addition, this school also provides an esthetics program, for individuals who want to focus on skin care, a cosmetology instructor training program for professionals who want to become educators, and a nail technology program, which offers education in nail artistry and care.
In 2010-2011 about 130 students graduated from this school, with a graduation rate of around 76%. In 2009 the reported default rate of individuals taking federal student loans to help pay the tuition for this school was approximately 8.5%.
California Hair Design Academy offers student services in the form of job placement options for graduates in need of employment, program or licensure preparation in the form of remedial education courses, and cosmetology career guidance for current and graduated students. State and county licensing procedures may differ, and as such it is suggested students look into getting a license in cosmetology. Students can learn more about California Hair Design Academy, including consumer disclosures, by visiting chdaschools.com.
The list below shows all the programs that may be offered at California Hair Design Academy. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (619) 461-8600.
Cosmetology (1,600 Hours)
The cosmetology program takes about thirteen months for most students to complete.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $16,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $2,000*
- 65 students completed the cosmetology program last year
- Takes about 13 months to complete
Learn more about cosmetology programs by taking a look at our cosmetology schools profile page, which also includes career information.
Barber (1,500 Hours)
The barber program offered commonly takes about twelve months to complete and may satisfy education requirements for licensing.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $14,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $1,500*
- 13 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the barber program is usually 12 months
Esthetician (600 Hours)
The esthetician program takes about five months for most students to complete.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $8,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $1,100*
- 26 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the esthetician program is usually 5 months
Learn more about esthetician programs by taking a look at our esthetician schools profile page, which includes listings and career descriptions.
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
Once scholarships, grants and other forms of aid are calculated, the expected average cost for students at California Hair Design Academy is -. To calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance visit the net price calculator. A fee of $75 is required from all applicants. The financial figures shown on this page provide information regarding costs and fees at California Hair Design Academy, these numbers may change in a given year due to a variety of factors.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||91%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||87%||$4,429|
|Receiving Student Loans||78%||$5,489|
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to California Hair Design Academy. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Tramy Beauty School in San Diego, CA (3 miles away)
- Bellus Academy - El Cajon in El Cajon, CA (5 miles away)
- Bellus Academy - National City in National City, CA (7 miles away)
- Paul Mitchell the School - San Diego in San Diego, CA (9 miles away)
- Avance Beauty College in San Diego, CA (13 miles away)
- Academy of Hair Design - Poway in Poway, CA (13 miles away)
- Palomar Institute of Cosmetology in San Marcos, CA (27 miles away)
- Oceanside College of Beauty in Oceanside, CA (35 miles away)