Catherine Hinds Institute of Esthetics, located in the residential area of Woburn, Massachusetts, offers cosmetology training for interested students. For the last thirty-one years Catherine Hinds Institute of Esthetics has received its accreditation from the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges. The school offers an in-depth cosmetology program that teaches the skills needed to pursue licensure and gainful employment upon completion. In addition, Catherine Hinds Institute of Esthetics also offers an esthetics program, for individuals who wish to focus on skin care.
In 2010-2011 approximately 190 students completed programs at Catherine Hinds Institute of Esthetics, with about 92% of students who start the program continue on to complete it. The estimated average default rate of individuals taking student loans over the last three years that has been reported (2007-2009) was around 3.8%.
Catherine Hinds Institute of Esthetics provides student services including cosmetology career guidance for current and graduated students and job placement opportunities for graduating students in need of employment. State and county licensing procedures may vary, and as such it is recommended students look into getting a license in cosmetology. For additional information regarding licensure preparation, interested students may visit the school's website.
The list below shows all the programs that may be offered at Catherine Hinds Institute of Esthetics. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at 78193512.
Master Esthetician (1,200 Hours)
Master esthetician program takes on average ten months to complete. Students who complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $15,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $2,800*
- 78 students completed the master esthetician program last year
- Takes about 10 months to complete
Facial Treatment Specialist
The facial treatment specialist programs listed below are broken down by the number of contact hours offered.
600 Contact Hours
- Estimated tuition and fees: $8,000 per year*
- Cost of required supplies: $1,800*
- Takes about 5 months to complete
300 Contact Hours
- Estimated tuition and fees: $5,000 per year*
- Cost of required supplies: $1,500*
- Takes about 3 months to complete
Esthetician (900 Hours)
The esthetician program offered commonly takes about seven months to complete and may satisfy education requirements for licensing.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $11,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $2,100*
- Takes about 7 months to complete
Learn more about esthetician programs by taking a look at our esthetician schools profile page, which also includes career information.
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||55%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||34%||$3,233|
|Receiving Student Loans||53%||$5,353|
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to Catherine Hinds Institute of Esthetics. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Empire Beauty School - Malden in Malden, MA (6 miles away)
- New England Hair Academy in Malden, MA (6 miles away)
- EINE Inc in Tewksbury, MA (8 miles away)
- Lowell Academy Hairstyling Institute in Lowell, MA (13 miles away)
- Empire Beauty School - Boston in Boston, MA (16 miles away)
- Massachusetts School of Barbering in Quincy, MA (18 miles away)
- Mansfield Beauty Schools - Quincy in Quincy, MA (19 miles away)
- Empire Beauty School - Framingham in Framingham, MA (20 miles away)