Dayton Barber College was opened in 1959, and has been providing an education in barbering and styling ever since. Located in Miamisburg, OH, the school ensures that all graduates meet the state requirements for licensure, and are prepared for the license exam. The Barber/Stylist program is 1800 hours to complete with practical and classroom courses. A second program is available to licensed cosmetologists looking to obtain a barber/stylist diploma which takes 1000 hours to complete.
Admissions and Financial Aid
Prospective students must have a high school diploma or GED in order to enroll. All applicants must have a clear criminal record with the state of Ohio. Once accepted students must provide a copy of their birth certificate, proof of high school diploma or GED, pay all registration fees, provide two 2 ½ x 3 ½ photographs, a blood test with documentation showing the student has no communicable diseases and be at least 17 years of age. Those admitted to the program for licensed cosmetologists must also provide a copy of their cosmetology license.
Financial aid is available and all students are asked to complete financial aid forms to see if they qualify.
Below is a listing of the programs that may be offered at Dayton Barber College. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (937) 222-9101.
Barber (1,800 Hours)
The barber program offered on average takes about fourteen months to complete and may fulfill course requirements for licensing.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $12,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $600*
- 25 students completed the barber program last year
- Takes about 14 months to complete
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||93%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||93%||$4,381|
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to Dayton Barber College. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Carousel Beauty College - Dayton in Dayton, OH (0.4 miles away)
- Carousel Beauty College - Kettering in Kettering, OH (5 miles away)
- Creative Images Institute of Cosmetology - North Dayton in Dayton, OH (7 miles away)
- Carousel of Miami Valley Beauty College in Huber Heights, OH (8 miles away)
- Regency Beauty Institute - Dayton in Dayton, OH (9 miles away)
- Creative Images Institute of Cosmetology - South Dayton in Dayton, OH (9 miles away)
- Carousel Beauty College - Middletown in Middletown, OH (19 miles away)
- Carousel Beauty College - Springfield in Springfield, OH (22 miles away)