Don Roberts Beauty School is located in Valparaiso, Indiana, and is a beauty school that specializes in cosmetology education and training. The National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences has accredited the cosmetology education provided by Don Roberts Beauty School for over 35 straight years. This school primarily provides education in the area of cosmetology, increasing the chances that students who complete the program are equipped with the skills and education necessary to pursue licensure and gainful employment. In addition, this school also offers a cosmetology instructor training program for professionals who wish to become a cosmetology instructor and a nail technology program for individuals who would like to pursue nail care.
Over the last several years close to 120 students have graduated from Don Roberts Beauty School, with a graduation rate of around 62%. The federal loan default rate last reported, which covers years 2007-2009, averaged around 8.35% for students taking loans to cover the tuition costs for this school.
Don Roberts Beauty School offers student services in the form of cosmetology career pathway counseling for current and graduated students and job placement options for graduates in need of employment. City and state licensing procedures may vary, and as such it is recommended students research getting a license in cosmetology. For additional information regarding licensure preparation, interested individuals may visit the school's website.
Below is a listing of the programs that may be offered at Don Roberts Beauty School. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (219) 462-5189.
Cosmetology (1,500 Hours)
Cosmetology program takes approximately thirteen months to complete. Students that complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $18,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $1,100*
- 23 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the cosmetology program is usually 13 months
Learn more about cosmetology programs by visiting our cosmetology schools profile page, which includes listings and career descriptions.
Cosmetology, Barber and Nail Instructor (1,000 Hours)
The cosmetology, barber and nail instructor program offered most often takes about twelve months to complete and may fulfill course requirements for licensing.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $11,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $300*
- The length of the cosmetology, barber and nail instructor program is usually 12 months
The program takes about five months for most students to complete.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $6,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $800*
- The length of the program is usually 5 months
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The overall cost students will pay at this school is approximately - after scholarships, grants and other forms of aid are taken into consideration. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. There may be an application fee required, please check with Don Roberts Beauty School for more information. The figures listed are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||86%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||81%||$3,207|
|Receiving Student Loans||86%||$4,843|
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to Don Roberts Beauty School. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Regency Beauty Institute - Merrillville in Merrillville, IN (13 miles away)
- Merrillville Beauty College in Merrillville, IN (13 miles away)
- Success Schools LLC in Merrillville, IN (15 miles away)
- Don Roberts School of Hair Design in Schererville, IN (19 miles away)
- Tricoci University of Beauty Culture in Highland, IN (21 miles away)
- Knox Beauty College in Knox, IN (27 miles away)
- Cannella School of Hair Design - Chicago II in Chicago, IL (30 miles away)
- Cannella School of Hair Design - Blue Island in Blue Island, IL (34 miles away)