Students interested in a career in cosmetology and beauty can obtain an education through Elaine Steven Beauty College, which is located in a residential area of Saint Louis, MO. The National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences has accredited the instruction & training provided by Elaine Steven Beauty College for over twenty-five straight years.
Elaine Steven Beauty College provides an in-depth cosmetology program that trains individuals for entry into the beauty industry as licensed, qualified and skillful professionals. In addition, Elaine Steven Beauty College also offers an esthetics program, which offers a comprehensive education in the area of skin care and treatment, a cosmetology instructor training program for students that want to teach cosmetology as a career, and a nail technology program for students who would like to pursue nail care.
Over the last couple of years close to 340 students have completed programs at this school, with about 58% of those who start the program continue on to graduate. Elaine Steven Beauty College reported individuals had a federal loan default rate of around 11% during the last reporting period.
Elaine Steven Beauty College offers student services such as job placement opportunities for students looking for work and cosmetology career pathway counseling to help students. Students must look up state and county licensing regulations to make sure programs meet current standards. To see more and get consumer disclosures, please visit ESBC today to learn more about the school and their program offerings.
Below is a listing of the programs that may be offered at Elaine Steven Beauty College. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (314) 868-8196.
Cosmetology (1,500 Hours)
Cosmetology program takes usually thirteen months to complete. Students that complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $16,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $1,300*
- 60 students completed the cosmetology program last year
- Takes about 13 months to complete
Get more information about cosmetology and browse other schools listed by checking out our cosmetology schools page.
Cosmetology, Barber and Nail Instructor (600 Hours)
The cosmetology, barber and nail instructor program offered most often takes about five months to complete and may fulfill course requirements for licensing.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $5,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $900*
- The length of the cosmetology, barber and nail instructor program is usually 5 months
The program offered most often takes about three months to complete and may fulfill course requirements for licensing.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $2,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $400*
- The length of the program is usually 3 months
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The net cost of this school is close to - annually, after the various types of aid, including scholarships and grants, are taken into consideration. In order to calculate a more personalized cost check out their cost calculator here. The figures listed are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||94%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||88%||$4,916|
|Receiving Student Loans||81%||$8,883|
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to Elaine Steven Beauty College. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Missouri School of Barbering & Hairstyling - St. Louis in Florissant, MO (4 miles away)
- St Louis Hair Academy in Saint Louis, MO (7 miles away)
- Paul Mitchell The School St Louis in St. Louis, MO (8 miles away)
- Alvareitas College of Cosmetology - Godfrey in Godfrey, IL (13 miles away)
- The Salon Professional Academy - St Charles in St. Charles, MO (14 miles away)
- Skin Institute in Saint Louis, MO (17 miles away)
- Grabber School of Hair Design in St. Louis, MO (18 miles away)
- Alvareitas College of Cosmetology - Edwardsville in Edwardsville, IL (18 miles away)