Students interested in a cosmetology career can obtain an education through Ideal Beauty Academy, which is located in a residential area of Jeffersonville, IN. Ideal Beauty Academy is accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences, and has done so for the last eight straight years. The main program offered by this school is in cosmetology, which prepares individuals with the skills and abilities necessary to obtain licensure and seek out long term employment after graduation. In addition to cosmetology, this school also has an esthetics program, for individuals who wish to focus on skin treatments and care, a nail technology program, which provides education in nail artistry and care, and a cosmetology instructor training program for students who aim to become educators.
This school graduates about 15 students each year, with a graduation rate of around 42%. Ideal Beauty Academy reported individuals had a federal loan default rate of around 7.8% in 2009.
Ideal Beauty Academy provides student services in the form of cosmetology career guidance & assistance to help students and job placement options for individuals looking for work. State licensing procedures may vary, and as such it is recommended students look into getting a license in cosmetology. Students can learn more about Ideal Beauty Academy, including consumer disclosures, by visiting idealbeautyacademy.net.
Below is a listing of the programs that may be offered at Ideal Beauty Academy. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (812) 282-1371.
Cosmetology (1,500 Hours)
The cosmetology program offered on average takes about eleven months to complete and may fulfill course requirements for licensing.
- Tuition estimate is $14,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $1,800*
- 7 students completed the cosmetology program last year
- Takes about 11 months to complete
Learn more about cosmetology programs by visiting our cosmetology schools profile page, which lists schools offering this program along with a career overview.
Esthetician (700 Hours)
Esthetician program takes on average seven months to complete. Students that complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Tuition estimate is $9,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $1,200*
- The length of the esthetician program is usually 7 months
Learn more about esthetician programs by visiting our esthetician schools profile page, which also includes career information.
The program offered on average takes about five months to complete and may fulfill course requirements for licensing.
- Tuition estimate is $5,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $1,100*
- Takes about 5 months to complete
Cosmetology, Barber and Nail Instructor (1,000 Hours)
Cosmetology, barber and nail instructor program takes on average twelve months to complete. Students that complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Tuition estimate is $6,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $100*
- The length of the cosmetology, barber and nail instructor program is usually 12 months
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||33%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||33%||$2,686|
|Receiving Student Loans||33%||$4,214|
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to Ideal Beauty Academy. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- PJ's College of Cosmetology - Clarksville in Clarksville, IN (3 miles away)
- Empire Beauty School - Highland in Louisville, KY (4 miles away)
- Paul Mitchell The School - Louisville in Louisville, KY (4 miles away)
- Empire Beauty School - Chenoweth in Louisville, KY (4 miles away)
- Empire Beauty School - Dixie in Louisville, KY (10 miles away)
- Empire Beauty School - Hurstborne in Louisville, KY (11 miles away)
- Trend Setters' Academy of Beauty Culture in Louisville, KY (11 miles away)
- Trend Setters Academy - Louisville in Louisville, KY (12 miles away)