Interested individuals in and around Wethersfield may get a cosmetology education by enrolling at International Institute of Cosmetology. This school is accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences, having held that accreditation for the last four consecutive years. International Institute of Cosmetology primarily provides classes in the area of cosmetology, ensuring that students who complete the program get the skills required to pursue licensure and long term employment. In addition to cosmetology, this school also offers an esthetics program, for individuals who want to specialize in skin care and treatments.
Close to 57 students graduated from this school over the past several years.
International Institute of Cosmetology provides services for students in the form of flexible scheduling for those with irregular schedules, cosmetology career guidance to help students, and job placement options for graduates looking for work. Students are asked to look up state licensing requirements to determine whether programs meet current standards. To read more and get consumer disclosures, you can visit studyhair.com.
Below is a listing of the programs that may be offered at International Institute of Cosmetology. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (860) 571-0330 x1.
Cosmetology (1,500 Hours)
Cosmetology program takes approximately thirteen months to complete. Students that complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $20,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $3,000*
- 79 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the cosmetology program is usually 13 months
Learn more about cosmetology programs through our cosmetology schools profile page, which includes lists on other schools offering this program.
Esthetician (300 Hours)
The esthetician program takes about six months for most students to complete.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $4,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $1,100*
- 12 students completed the esthetician program last year
- Takes about 6 months to complete
Learn more about esthetician programs through our esthetician schools profile page, which includes lists on other schools offering this program.
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The net cost of this school is close to - annually, after the various types of aid, including scholarships and grants, are taken into consideration. To calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. Students wishing to apply to International Institute of Cosmetology must pay an application fee of $50. The figures listed are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
Alternate Tuition Plan Options Available
- Some programs may have a frozen tuition rate, which means the tuition will stay the same for up to five years.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||83%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||50%||$4,964|
|Receiving Student Loans||80%||$9,072|
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to International Institute of Cosmetology. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Brio Academy of Cosmetology - East Hartford in East Hartford, CT (4 miles away)
- Brio Academy of Cosmetology - Meriden in Meriden, CT (14 miles away)
- Academy Di Capelli - School of Cosmetology in Wallingford, CT (17 miles away)
- Connecticut Institute of Hair Design in Wolcott, CT (19 miles away)
- Northhaven Academy in North Haven, CT (24 miles away)
- Kay Harvey Academy of Hair Design in West Springfield, MA (28 miles away)
- Mansfield Beauty Schools - Springfield in Springfield, MA (28 miles away)
- European Academy of Cosmetology and Hairdressing in Guilford, CT (29 miles away)