Interested individuals in and around Knox may get a cosmetology education by enrolling at Knox Beauty College. For the last 27 straight years this school has received its accreditation from the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences. Knox Beauty College primarily offers education in the area of cosmetology by experienced teaching professionals, increasing the chances that students who complete the program are equipped with the skills and education required to pursue licensure and gainful employment. In addition, this school also provides a cosmetology instructor training program for professionals that wish to teach cosmetology as a career.
Knox Beauty College graduates close to 18 students per year, with about 59% of students who start the program continue on to complete it. This school reported individuals had a loan default rate of approximately 13% in 2009.
Knox Beauty College provides student services such as flexible scheduling for working or busy students and help with finding job options for students. Students are advised to look up state licensing regulations to ensure programs meet current standards. To read more and get consumer disclosures, you can visit kbc.edu.
Below is a listing of the programs that may be offered at Knox Beauty College. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (574) 772-5500.
Cosmetology (1,500 Hours)
Cosmetology program takes approximately eleven months to complete. Students that complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Tuition (including any fees) estimate is $6,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $500*
- 8 students completed the cosmetology program last year
- Takes about 11 months to complete
Read more and see other schools listed by checking out our cosmetology schools profile page.
Cosmetology, Barber and Nail Instructor (1,000 Hours)
The cosmetology, barber and nail instructor program takes about seven months for most students to complete.
- Tuition (including any fees) estimate is $3,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $400*
- The length of the cosmetology, barber and nail instructor program is usually 7 months
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||78%||$5,156|
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to Knox Beauty College. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Don Roberts Beauty School in Valparaiso, IN (27 miles away)
- Regency Beauty Institute - South Bend in Mishawaka, IN (36 miles away)
- Regency Beauty Institute - Merrillville in Merrillville, IN (39 miles away)
- Merrillville Beauty College in Merrillville, IN (40 miles away)
- Success Schools LLC in Merrillville, IN (40 miles away)
- Don Roberts School of Hair Design in Schererville, IN (45 miles away)
- Tricoci University of Beauty Culture in Highland, IN (48 miles away)