Located in Ventura, California, Lu Ross Academy is a private institution that provides career education for potential students interested in cosmetology. This school has been accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences since 2008. This school offers an in-depth cosmetology program that readies students for entry into the beauty industry as licensed and qualified professionals. The cosmetology training courses that are taught at this location are:
This school graduates about 120 students per year.
Lu Ross Academy provides job placement options for graduating students in need of employment. State licensing procedures may vary, and as such it is suggested students research getting a license in cosmetology. For additional information regarding licensure preparation, interested individuals may visit the school's website.
Below is a listing of the programs that may be offered at Lu Ross Academy. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at 80564411.
Cosmetology (1,600 Hours)
The cosmetology program offered on average takes about thirteen months to complete and may fulfill course requirements for licensing.
- Tuition estimate is $18,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $1,500*
- 82 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the cosmetology program is usually 13 months
Learn more and browse other schools listed by going to our cosmetology schools page.
Esthetician (600 Hours)
Esthetician program takes usually four months to complete. Students that complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Tuition estimate is $9,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $600*
- 40 students completed the esthetician program last year
- Takes about 4 months to complete
Learn more about esthetician programs through our esthetician schools profile page, which also includes career information.
The program offered on average takes about four months to complete and may fulfill course requirements for licensing.
- Tuition estimate is $7,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $800*
- The length of the program is usually 4 months
Barber (1,500 Hours)
The barber program takes about twelve months for most students to complete.
- Tuition estimate is $18,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $1,500*
- 40 students completed the barber program last year
- Takes about 12 months to complete
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
Once scholarships, grants and other forms of aid are calculated, the expected average cost for students at this school is -. To calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance visit the net price calculator. Any tuition and financial aid figures listed provide an outline of costs at this school, however they may not accurately represent current costs, fees, or tuition. Please check with this school for more information.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||86%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||76%||$5,068|
|Receiving Student Loans||77%||$5,057|
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to Lu Ross Academy. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Modern Beauty Academy in Oxnard, CA (9 miles away)
- Paul Mitchell the School - Santa Barbara in Santa Barbara, CA (25 miles away)
- Academy for Salon Professionals in Canoga Park, CA (40 miles away)
- Newberry School of Beauty in Granada Hills, CA (45 miles away)
- Paul Mitchell the School - Sherman Oaks in Sherman Oaks, CA (48 miles away)
- Academy of Esthetics and Cosmetology in San Fernando, CA (49 miles away)