Mac Daniels Beauty School, located in the metropolitan area of Chicago, Illinois, specializes in cosmetology training for students. For the last thirty-six straight years Mac Daniels Beauty School has received its accreditation from the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences. This school's cosmetology program is constructed to prepare students for long term employment upon completion, providing all the skills necessary to prepare students for licensure and employment in the beauty industry. In addition to cosmetology, this school also provides a cosmetology instructor training program for individuals that wish to become a cosmetology instructor and a nail technology program for individuals who want to pursue nail artistry.
This school graduates approximately 37 students per year, with students graduating with a rate of around 89%. This school reported individuals had a loan default rate of around 15% in 2009.
Mac Daniels Beauty School offers student services such as cosmetology career pathway counseling for current and graduated students and job placement opportunities for graduates in need of employment. Students must look up state licensing requirements to make sure programs meet current standards. For information and consumer disclosures, please check out school's website.
The list below shows all the programs that may be offered at Mac Daniels Beauty School. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (773) 883-5100.
Cosmetology (1,500 Hours)
The cosmetology program takes about fifteen months for most students to complete.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $16,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $1,500*
- 18 students completed the cosmetology program last year
- Takes about 15 months to complete
Learn more about cosmetology programs by visiting our cosmetology schools profile page, which includes lists on other schools offering this program.
Cosmetology, Barber and Nail Instructor (1,000 Hours)
The cosmetology, barber and nail instructor program takes about twelve months for most students to complete.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $11,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $400*
- The length of the cosmetology, barber and nail instructor program is usually 12 months
program takes approximately six months to complete. Students who complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $4,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $300*
- The length of the program is usually 6 months
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The net cost of this school is close to - annually, after the various types of aid, including scholarships and grants, are taken into consideration. In order to calculate a more personalized cost check out their cost calculator here. Students wishing to apply to Mac Daniels Beauty School must pay an application fee of $100. The financial aid department provides information and resources for students seeking out financial options. Their phone number is (773) 561-2376. The tuition and financial aid figures listed show various costs that students may encounter at steven papageorge hair academy. The numbers may not be accurate due to changing factors in a given year, and are only intended to provide a guideline for students.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||79%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||57%||$4,431|
|Receiving Student Loans||64%||$5,800|
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to Mac Daniels Beauty School. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Tricoci University of Beauty Culture - Chicago in Chicago, IL (2 miles away)
- Rosel School of Cosmetology in Chicago, IL (2 miles away)
- Aveda Institute - Chicago in Chicago, IL (3 miles away)
- Pivot Point Academy - Evanston in Evanston, IL (5 miles away)
- University of Aesthetics - Chicago in Chicago, IL (5 miles away)
- Cannella School of Hair Design - West Chicago in Chicago, IL (6 miles away)
- Skin Care and Spa Institute in Skokie, IL (6 miles away)
- Tricoci University of Beauty Culture - Chicago in Chicago, IL (7 miles away)