Maryland Beauty Academy of Essex offers a career oriented education in the beauty industry. The school is located in Baltimore, MD, which is in a predominantly residential area. The National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences has accredited the cosmetology education provided by Maryland Beauty Academy of Essex for over several years. This school has a comprehensive cosmetology program that trains individuals for entry into the beauty industry as licensed professionals. In addition, Maryland Beauty Academy of Essex also provides a nail technology program, which provides education in nail artistry.
This school graduates about forty-eight students each year, with students graduating with a rate of about 73%. In 2009 the reported default rate of students taking federal student loans to pay the tuition and fees for this school was approximately 6.5%.
Maryland Beauty Academy of Essex provides student services in the form of cosmetology career counseling assistance for current and graduated students and job placement opportunities for graduates in need of employment. City and state licensing procedures may differ, and as such it is recommended students look into getting a license in cosmetology. To learn more and get consumer disclosures, please visit baltimorestudio.com.
Below is a listing of the programs that may be offered at Maryland Beauty Academy of Essex. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (443) 503-8630.
Cosmetology (1,500 Hours)
The cosmetology program offered on average takes about fifteen months to complete and may fulfill course requirements for licensing.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $18,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $1,600*
- 42 students completed the cosmetology program last year
- Takes about 15 months to complete
Learn more about cosmetology programs through our cosmetology schools profile page, which lists schools offering this program along with a career overview.
The program offered on average takes about five months to complete and may fulfill course requirements for licensing.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $3,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $700*
- The length of the program is usually 5 months
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
Alternate Tuition Plan Options Available
- Some programs may have a frozen tuition rate, which means the tuition will stay the same for up to five years.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||96%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||96%||$3,636|
|Receiving Student Loans||91%||$3,814|
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to Maryland Beauty Academy of Essex. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Regency Beauty Institute - Baltimore - Golden Ring in Baltimore, MD (2 miles away)
- Baltimore Studio of Hair Design in Baltimore, MD (8 miles away)
- Robert Paul Academy of Cosmetology Arts & Sciences in Timonium, MD (12 miles away)
- Empire Beauty School - Owings Mills in Owings Mills, MD (17 miles away)
- International Beauty School - Bel Air in Bel Air, MD (17 miles away)
- Maryland Beauty Academy in Reisterstown, MD (21 miles away)
- Hair Academy Inc - New Carrollton in New Carrollton, MD (33 miles away)
- Montgomery Beauty School in Silver Spring, MD (35 miles away)