Memphis Institute of Barbering focuses on beauty & cosmetology training for students located in and around Memphis. Over 120 cosmetology students have completed their schooling in the last few years with about 78% of those who start the program continue on to complete it. In order to provide support for students, Memphis Institute of Barbering may offer services to students, like those listed below:
- Career counseling for students
- Student employment services to help lower education costs
- Helping graduates find work
- Weekend and night classes available
Memphis Institute of Barbering has been accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences since 2003. To read more and get consumer disclosures, please visit thebarberschool.edu.
Below is a listing of the programs that may be offered at Memphis Institute of Barbering. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (901) 726-4247.
Barber (1,500 Hours)
The barber program offered on average takes about twelve months to complete and may fulfill course requirements for licensing.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $16,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $1,300*
- 81 students completed the barber program last year
- Takes about 12 months to complete
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||93%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||93%||$5,645|
|Receiving Student Loans||84%||$5,181|
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to Memphis Institute of Barbering. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Empire Beauty School - S Memphis in Memphis, TN (5 miles away)
- Empire Beauty School - N Memphis in Memphis, TN (7 miles away)
- Plaza Beauty School in Memphis, TN (7 miles away)
- Empire Beauty School - E Memphis in Memphis, TN (7 miles away)
- Southern Institute of Cosmetology in Memphis, TN (9 miles away)
- Tennessee Academy of Cosmetology in Memphis, TN (11 miles away)
- Paul Mitchell the School - Memphis in Bartlett, TN (13 miles away)
- Tennessee Academy of Cosmetology - East Shelby in Memphis, TN (14 miles away)