Located in Monroe, Michigan, Michigan College of Beauty - Monroe is a private school that offers career education for students interested in cosmetology. This school is accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences, having held that accreditation for the last twenty-eight years. Michigan College of Beauty - Monroe primarily provides education in the area of cosmetology by experienced teaching professionals, increasing the chances that students who complete the program get the skills and education needed to pursue licensure and gainful employment. In addition to cosmetology, this school also provides a cosmetology instructor training program for individuals who wish to teach cosmetology as a career, a nail technology program for individuals who wish to pursue nail artistry, and an esthetics program, which provides a comprehensive education in the area of skin care and treatment.
Enrollment at Michigan College of Beauty - Monroe is about 210 students yearly, with a graduation rate of around 73%.
Michigan College of Beauty - Monroe provides services for students including help with finding job options for students, flexible courses for working or busy students, and career counseling for students starting their a career in cosmetology. Students must look up state licensing regulations to determine whether programs meet established standards. For information and consumer disclosures, please check out school's website.
Below is a listing of the programs that may be offered at Michigan College of Beauty – Monroe. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (734) 241-8877.
Cosmetology (1,500 Hours)
The cosmetology program offered on average takes about fourteen months to complete and may fulfill course requirements for licensing.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $14,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $2,400*
- 47 students completed the cosmetology program last year
- Takes about 14 months to complete
Learn more about cosmetology programs by visiting our cosmetology schools profile page, which lists schools offering this program along with a career overview.
The programs listed below are broken down by the number of contact hours offered.
600 Contact Hours
- Estimated tuition and fees: $5,000 per year*
- Cost of required supplies: $1,600*
- Takes about 6 months to complete
400 Contact Hours
- Estimated tuition and fees: $4,000 per year*
- Cost of required supplies: $1,200*
- Takes about 4 months to complete
Esthetician (600 Hours)
The esthetician program takes about six months for most students to complete.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $7,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $1,500*
- 16 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the esthetician program is usually 6 months
Learn more and find other schools listed by going to our esthetician schools information page.
Cosmetology, Barber and Nail Instructor (600 Hours)
The cosmetology, barber and nail instructor program takes about six months for most students to complete.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $4,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $300*
- The length of the cosmetology, barber and nail instructor program is usually 6 months
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The cost of attendance is approximately - per year, after the grants, scholarships and other forms of aid are calculated. In order to calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. The financial figures shown on this page provide information regarding costs and fees at this school, these numbers may change in a given year due to a variety of factors.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||84%||$2,629|
|Receiving Student Loans||92%||$3,521|
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to Michigan College of Beauty – Monroe. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Toledo Academy of Beauty Culture - East in OREGON, OH (18 miles away)
- Regency Beauty Institute - Detroit Southgate in Southgate, MI (23 miles away)
- Regency Beauty Institute - Toledo in Holland, OH (24 miles away)
- The Salon Professional Academy - Perrysburg in Perrysburg, OH (26 miles away)
- Dorsey School of Beauty Taylor in Taylor, MI (26 miles away)
- L'esprit Academy in Livonia, MI (34 miles away)
- Michigan Barber School Inc in Detroit, MI (36 miles away)
- P&A Scholars Beauty School in Detroit, MI (36 miles away)