Our Mission at Oxford Academy of Hair Design is to inspire, educate and fully prepare students for a successful career in Hairdressing/Cosmetology Arts and Sciences. We provide quality education in the theory, practical, and clinical skills necessary for licensure and success, including business skills, customer
service, retailing and communications. Oxford Academy students learn the necessary business and customer service skills to help them succeed in the beauty industry! Job Shadowing is available to senior students to enhance and broaden their learning.
The Academy's Facility is located in a 110 year old Victorian Mansion on its own landscaped campus grounds. The academy and its facility was recently honored by Modern Salon for its Excellence in Education! The Students love the schools facilities which helps create a Happy and Positive learning environment.
Below is a listing of the programs that may be offered at Oxford Academy of Hair Design. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (203) 888-0097 x3.
Cosmetology (1,500 Hours)
The cosmetology program offered most often takes about twelve months to complete and may fulfill course requirements for licensing.
- Tuition estimate is $19,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $1,700*
- 44 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the cosmetology program is usually 12 months
Learn more about cosmetology programs by visiting our cosmetology schools profile page, which includes lists on other schools offering this program.
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||96%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||78%||$4,672|
|Receiving Student Loans||85%||$7,007|
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to Oxford Academy of Hair Design. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Northhaven Academy in North Haven, CT (12 miles away)
- Connecticut Institute of Hair Design in Wolcott, CT (13 miles away)
- Academy Di Capelli - School of Cosmetology in Wallingford, CT (16 miles away)
- Branford Academy of Hair & Cosmetology in Branford, CT (16 miles away)
- Paul Mitchell the School in Danbury, CT (19 miles away)
- Brio Academy of Cosmetology - Meriden in Meriden, CT (19 miles away)
- European Academy of Cosmetology and Hairdressing in Guilford, CT (21 miles away)
- International Institute of Cosmetology in Wethersfield, CT (31 miles away)