Palomar Institute of Cosmetology is a school that provides education and training in the cosmetology industry for residents of San Marcos, California. This school is accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences, and has done so for the last twenty-eight consecutive years.
PIC's cosmetology program is constructed to prepare students for immediate employment upon completion, having provided all the skills needed to prepare students for licensure and employment in the beauty industry. In addition to cosmetology, Palomar Institute of Cosmetology also has an esthetics program, which provides a comprehensive education in the field of skin care, a cosmetology instructor training program for professionals that want to become a cosmetology instructor, and a nail technology program for students who want to pursue nail artistry.
Over the last several years close to 680 students have completed programs at Palomar Institute of Cosmetology, with students completing the programs with a graduate rate of around 85%. In the most recent survey, the reported rate of students taking loans to pay the tuition and fees for this school was approximately 10%.
Palomar Institute of Cosmetology provides student services such as career counseling for students beginning a career in cosmetology and help with finding job options for students. Students must look up local and state licensing regulations to make sure programs meet current standards. For additional information regarding licensing and consumer disclosures, interested individuals may visit the school's website.
Below is a listing of the programs that may be offered at Palomar Institute of Cosmetology. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at 76074512.
Cosmetology (1,600 Hours)
The cosmetology program takes about twelve months for most students to complete.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $19,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $2,100*
- 48 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the cosmetology program is usually 12 months
Learn more and browse other schools listed by checking out our cosmetology schools page.
Esthetician (600 Hours)
The esthetician program offered on average takes about five months to complete and may fulfill course requirements for licensing.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $8,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $1,300*
- 44 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the esthetician program is usually 5 months
Learn more and browse other schools listed by visiting our esthetician schools information page.
The program offered on average takes about three months to complete and may fulfill course requirements for licensing.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $4,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $900*
- Takes about 3 months to complete
Cosmetology, Barber and Nail Instructor (600 Hours)
The cosmetology, barber and nail instructor program takes about five months for most students to complete.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $5,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $600*
- Takes about 5 months to complete
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The overall cost students will pay at Palomar Institute of Cosmetology is approximately - after scholarships, grants and other forms of aid are taken into consideration. In order to calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. Financial aid information may be obtained by contacting the financial aid office at (760) 744-7900 x16. The figures listed are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||80%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||66%||$4,221|
|Receiving Student Loans||77%||$5,388|
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to Palomar Institute of Cosmetology. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Oceanside College of Beauty in Oceanside, CA (11 miles away)
- Academy of Hair Design - Poway in Poway, CA (15 miles away)
- Esthetiques Cosmetology Institute in Temecula, CA (26 miles away)
- Royale College of Beauty in Temecula, CA (26 miles away)
- California Hair Design Academy in La Mesa, CA (27 miles away)
- Bellus Academy - El Cajon in El Cajon, CA (27 miles away)
- Tramy Beauty School in San Diego, CA (28 miles away)
- Paul Mitchell the School - San Diego in San Diego, CA (29 miles away)