Penrose Academy offers a career oriented education in the beauty industry. The school is located in Scottsdale, Arizona, which is in a predominantly metropolitan area. Penrose Academy is accredited by the Council on Occupational Education, and has done so for the last three years. The main program offered by this school is in cosmetology, which prepares individuals with the skills and abilities necessary to obtain licensure and seek out gainful employment after graduation. In addition to cosmetology, this school also offers a cosmetology instructor training program for students who want to become educators and an esthetics program, for individuals who wish to specialize in skin care.
Penrose Academy provides student services such as cosmetology career guidance to help students and job placement options for graduates looking for work. Students are advised to look up state licensing requirements to determine whether programs meet current standards. For additional information regarding consumer disclosures, interested individuals may visit the school's website.
The list below shows all the programs that may be offered at Penrose Academy. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (480) 222-9540.
Cosmetology (1,600 Hours)
Cosmetology program takes usually twelve months to complete. Students who complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $18,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $4,800*
- 76 students completed the cosmetology program last year
- Takes about 12 months to complete
Get more information about cosmetology and browse other schools listed by visiting our cosmetology schools profile page.
The esthetician programs listed below are broken down by the number of contact hours offered.
600 Contact Hours
- Estimated tuition and fees: $12,000 per year*
- Cost of required supplies: $3,200*
- Takes about 6 months to complete
88 Contact Hours
- Estimated tuition and fees: $8,000 per year*
- Cost of required supplies: $500*
- Takes about 1 month to complete
Cosmetology, Barber and Nail Instructor (500 Hours)
Cosmetology, barber and nail instructor program takes usually five months to complete. Students who complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $5,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $300*
- The length of the cosmetology, barber and nail instructor program is usually 5 months
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||78%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||56%||$4,263|
|Receiving Student Loans||76%||$8,304|
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to Penrose Academy. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Empire Beauty School - Avondale in Avondale, AZ (6 miles away)
- Avalon School of Cosmetology - Phoenix in Phoenix, AZ (8 miles away)
- Empire Beauty School - NW Phoenix in Phoenix, AZ (12 miles away)
- Paul Mitchell the School - Phoenix in Phoenix, AZ (13 miles away)
- Carsten Aveda Institute of Arizona in Tempe, AZ (15 miles away)
- Regency Beauty Institute - Mesa in Mesa, AZ (15 miles away)
- Avalon School of Cosmetology - Mesa in Mesa, AZ (16 miles away)
- International Academy of Hair Design in Tempe, AZ (18 miles away)