Port Huron Cosmetology College, located in the residential area of Waterford, Michigan, offers cosmetology training. Port Huron Cosmetology College is accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences, having held that accreditation for the last forty-five consecutive years. This school has a comprehensive cosmetology program that readies individuals for entry into the beauty industry as qualified and licensed professionals. In addition, this school also has an esthetics program, for individuals who want to focus on skin care, a cosmetology instructor training program for professionals who want to become educators, and a nail technology program, which provides training in nail artistry and care.
About 180 students graduated from Port Huron Cosmetology College over the past several years, with a graduation rate of around 56%. In 2009 the reported default rate of students taking loans to help pay the tuition for this school was approximately 4.4%.
City and state licensing procedures may vary, and as such it is suggested students lookup obtaining a license in cosmetology. Get more information by visiting the school's official website, where you can see programs available, tuition, and disclosures.
The list below shows all the programs that may be offered at Port Huron Cosmetology College. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (248) 623-9494.
Cosmetology (1,500 Hours)
The cosmetology program offered commonly takes about thirteen months to complete and may satisfy education requirements for licensing.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $16,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $1,000*
- 20 students completed the cosmetology program last year
- Takes about 13 months to complete
Read more and browse other schools listed by checking out our cosmetology schools page.
Cosmetology, Barber and Nail Instructor (600 Hours)
Cosmetology, barber and nail instructor program takes usually five months to complete. Students who complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $3,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $300*
- Takes about 5 months to complete
Esthetician (420 Hours)
Esthetician program takes usually four months to complete. Students who complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $4,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $500*
- Takes about 4 months to complete
Learn more and browse other schools listed by checking out our esthetician schools page.
program takes usually three months to complete. Students who complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $3,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $500*
- The length of the program is usually 3 months
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||51%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||44%||$3,036|
|Receiving Student Loans||33%||$4,276|
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to Port Huron Cosmetology College. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Marketti Academy of Cosmetology in Waterford, MI (2 miles away)
- Michigan College of Beauty - Troy in Troy, MI (17 miles away)
- Sharps Academy of Hair Styling in Grand Blanc, MI (19 miles away)
- David Pressley School of Cosmetology in Royal Oak, MI (20 miles away)
- Paul Mitchell the School - Michigan in Sterling Heights, MI (20 miles away)
- Regency Beauty Institute - Detroit - Lakeside in Shelby Township, MI (21 miles away)
- L'esprit Academy in Livonia, MI (22 miles away)
- Mr Bela's School of Cosmetology Inc in Warren, MI (22 miles away)