Interested individuals in and around Wheeling may get a cosmetology education by registering and enrolling at Scott College of Cosmetology. The National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences has accredited the instruction & training provided by Scott College of Cosmetology for over thirty-five years. This school offers a comprehensive cosmetology program that readies students get started in the beauty industry as licensed and qualified professionals. The cosmetology programs that are offered at this school are:
This school has an enrollment of close to sixty-three students each year. This school reported students had a federal loan default rate of approximately 13% in the latest reporting year.
Scott College of Cosmetology provides student services such as job placement options for graduates looking for work and cosmetology career guidance to help students. State and county licensing procedures may vary, and as such it is recommended students lookup obtaining a license in cosmetology. Get even more information by visiting the school's official website, where you can see program details, financial aid & tuition, and disclosures.
Below is a listing of the programs that may be offered at Scott College of Cosmetology. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (304) 232-7798.
Cosmetology (1,800 Hours)
The cosmetology program offered on average takes about fifteen months to complete and may fulfill course requirements for licensing.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $15,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $2,100*
- 44 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the cosmetology program is usually 15 months
Learn more about cosmetology programs by visiting our cosmetology schools profile page, which includes lists on other schools offering this program.
Personal Grooming Arts (1,500 Hours)
The personal grooming arts program takes about thirteen months for most students to complete.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $13,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $1,900*
- Takes about 13 months to complete
The esthetician programs listed below are broken down by the number of contact hours offered.
750 Contact Hours
- Estimated tuition and fees: $9,000 per year*
- Cost of required supplies: $1,100*
- Takes about 7 months to complete
600 Contact Hours
- Estimated tuition and fees: $7,000 per year*
- Cost of required supplies: $1,100*
- Takes about 5 months to complete
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average annual "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around -. There is also a $75 application fee for those applying to a program. The financial figures shown on this page provide information regarding costs and fees at this school, these numbers may change in a given year due to a variety of factors.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||82%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||70%||$4,138|
|Receiving Student Loans||62%||$4,178|
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to Scott College of Cosmetology. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- South Hills Beauty Academy Inc in Pittsburgh, PA (42 miles away)
- Empire Beauty School - West Mifflin in West Mifflin, PA (45 miles away)
- Valley Beauty School in Cambridge, OH (46 miles away)
- Empire Beauty School - North Hills in Pittsburgh, PA (49 miles away)