Interested individuals in and around Grand Blanc may obtain a cosmetology education by attending Sharps Academy of Hair Styling. This school is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges, and has done so for the last twenty-one years. This school's cosmetology program is designed to prepare students for immediate employment upon completion, having provided all the skills required to prepare students for licensure and entry into the beauty industry. In addition to cosmetology, Sharps Academy of Hair Styling also provides a cosmetology instructor training program for individuals who aim to become educators.
The school enrolls around forty-one students yearly, which gives students greater access to the instructors, with about 100% of those who start the program continue on to complete it.
State and county licensing procedures may vary, and as such it is recommended students look into getting a license in cosmetology. To see more and get consumer disclosures, please visit sharpsacademyofhairstyling.com.
Below is a listing of the programs that may be offered at Sharps Academy of Hair Styling. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (810) 695-6742.
Cosmetology (1,500 Hours)
The cosmetology program offered most often takes about thirteen months to complete and may fulfill course requirements for licensing.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $12,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $300*
- 10 students completed the cosmetology program last year
- Takes about 13 months to complete
Get more information about cosmetology and see other schools listed by checking out our cosmetology schools profile page.
Cosmetology, Barber and Nail Instructor (500 Hours)
Cosmetology, barber and nail instructor program takes approximately seven months to complete. Students that complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $2,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $300*
- The length of the cosmetology, barber and nail instructor program is usually 7 months
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||100%||$5,442|
|Receiving Student Loans||100%||$3,659|
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to Sharps Academy of Hair Styling. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Regency Beauty Institute - Flint in Flint, MI (8 miles away)
- Flint Institute of Barbering Inc in Flint, MI (10 miles away)
- Regency Beauty Institute - Lansing in Lansing, MI (18 miles away)
- Port Huron Cosmetology College in Waterford, MI (19 miles away)
- Marketti Academy of Cosmetology in Waterford, MI (20 miles away)
- Michigan College of Beauty - Troy in Troy, MI (35 miles away)
- Paul Mitchell the School - Michigan in Sterling Heights, MI (37 miles away)
- Regency Beauty Institute - Detroit - Lakeside in Shelby Township, MI (38 miles away)