Students interested in a cosmetology career may get an education through Sierra College of Beauty, which is located in a metropolitan area of Merced, California. Sierra College of Beauty is accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences, and has done so for the last thirty-six consecutive years. Sierra College of Beauty provides a comprehensive cosmetology program that readies individuals for entry into the beauty industry as licensed, qualified and skillful professionals. In addition to cosmetology, this school also has a nail technology program for students who wish to pursue nail artistry and an esthetics program, which provides a comprehensive education in the area of skin care.
Approximately 320 students completed programs at Sierra College of Beauty over the last few years, with a graduation rate of around 37%.
Sierra College of Beauty offers cosmetology career pathway counseling to help students. Students must look up state and county licensing requirements to determine whether programs meet current standards. To see program disclosures, please visit the official website of the school.
Below is a listing of the programs that may be offered at Sierra College of Beauty. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (209) 723-2989.
Cosmetology (1,600 Hours)
The cosmetology program takes about twelve months for most students to complete.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $10,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $800*
- 33 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the cosmetology program is usually 12 months
Learn more and browse other schools listed by going to our cosmetology schools information page.
Esthetician (600 Hours)
The esthetician program takes about five months for most students to complete.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $4,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $500*
- 13 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the esthetician program is usually 5 months
Learn more about esthetician programs by visiting our esthetician schools profile page, which includes listings and career descriptions.
The program takes about three months for most students to complete.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $2,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $600*
- Takes about 3 months to complete
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||100%||$4,160|
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to Sierra College of Beauty. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Adrians Beauty College of Turlock in Turlock, CA (24 miles away)
- California Beauty School in Modesto, CA (36 miles away)
- North Adrians Beauty College in Modesto, CA (37 miles away)
- SICE Paul Mitchell Partner School in Modesto, CA (38 miles away)
- Toni & Guy Hairdressing Academy in Modesto, CA (41 miles away)