Located in Pittsburgh, PA, South Hills Beauty Academy Inc is a private beauty school that provides career education for students interested in cosmetology. The National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences has accredited the instruction & training provided by South Hills Beauty Academy Inc for over 38 years. This school's cosmetology program is constructed to train students for gainful employment upon completion, providing all the skills necessary to prepare students for licensure and entry into the beauty industry. The cosmetology programs that may be offered at this school are:
In 2010-2011 about ninety students completed programs at this school, with students graduating with a rate of around 90%. In 2009 the reported default rate of students taking student loans to pay for this school was approximately 7%.
South Hills Beauty Academy Inc provides job placement options for graduates looking for work. Students must look up local and state licensing regulations to ensure programs meet established standards. To learn more and get consumer disclosures, you can visit shnhbeauty.com.
The list below shows all the programs that may be offered at South Hills Beauty Academy Inc. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (412) 561-3381.
Cosmetology (1,250 Hours)
The cosmetology program offered usually takes about thirteen months to complete and may satisfy education requirements for licensing.
- Tuition estimate is $16,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $2,000*
- 38 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the cosmetology program is usually 13 months
Learn more about cosmetology programs through our cosmetology schools profile page, which also includes career information.
Esthetician (325 Hours)
The esthetician program takes about three months for most students to complete.
- Tuition estimate is $4,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $1,700*
- 36 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the esthetician program is usually 3 months
Get more information about esthetician and find other schools listed by checking out our esthetician schools information page.
Personal Grooming Arts (350 Hours)
Personal grooming arts program takes on average three months to complete. Students who complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Tuition estimate is $4,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $1,400*
- The length of the personal grooming arts program is usually 3 months
Cosmetology, Barber and Nail Instructor (500 Hours)
The cosmetology, barber and nail instructor program offered usually takes about five months to complete and may satisfy education requirements for licensing.
- Tuition estimate is $6,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $600*
- Takes about 5 months to complete
Massage Therapy (750 Hours)
The massage therapy program offered usually takes about eight months to complete and may satisfy education requirements for licensing.
- Tuition estimate is $9,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $1,100*
- Takes about 8 months to complete
Read more and find other schools listed by visiting our massage therapy schools page.
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||51%||$2,474|
|Receiving Student Loans||100%||$4,054|
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to South Hills Beauty Academy Inc. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Empire Beauty School - West Mifflin in West Mifflin, PA (6 miles away)
- Empire Beauty School - North Hills in Pittsburgh, PA (12 miles away)
- Empire Beauty School - Monroeville in Monroeville, PA (14 miles away)
- Bella Capelli Academy in Monroeville, PA (14 miles away)
- Beaver Falls Beauty Academy in Beaver Falls, PA (29 miles away)
- Butler Beauty School in Butler, PA (33 miles away)
- Kittanning Beauty School in Kittanning, PA (40 miles away)
- Scott College of Cosmetology in Wheeling, WV (42 miles away)