Sunstate Academy has been providing an education in beauty for over 35 years. The school operates two campuses in Clearwater and Fort Meyers, Florida. Sunstate Academy employs instructors who have salon experience and Redken training. The school was founded in 1975 with the purpose of offering a quality education and the skills necessary for its students to succeed.
Sunstate Academy offers various programs for interested students. The programs are of various lengths and cover either specific or general fields of study. The goal of each program is to provide the student with the information and skills necessary to immediately begin work after completion of the program.
Some programs offered:
Admissions and Financial Aid
Enrollment at Sunstate Academy requires students to have a minimum of a High School Diploma or GED and an interview with an admissions officer. Some programs may have additional enrollment requirements. Students will meet with a financial aid officer to determine eligibility and plan for the cost and payment of their education.
Below is a listing of the programs that may be offered at Sunstate Academy – Clearwater. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (727) 538-3827.
Cosmetology (1,200 Hours)
The cosmetology program offered most often takes about thirteen months to complete and may fulfill course requirements for licensing.
- Tuition estimate is $17,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $1,200*
- 49 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the cosmetology program is usually 13 months
Read more and see other schools listed by going to our cosmetology schools page.
Facial Treatment Specialist (600 Hours)
The facial treatment specialist program takes about seven months for most students to complete.
- Tuition estimate is $8,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $1,100*
- 26 students completed the facial treatment specialist program last year
- Takes about 7 months to complete
The program offered most often takes about three months to complete and may fulfill course requirements for licensing.
- Tuition estimate is $3,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $600*
- The length of the program is usually 3 months
The massage therapy programs listed below are broken down by the number of contact hours offered.
600 Contact Hours
- Estimated tuition and fees: $8,000 per year*
- Cost of required supplies: $1,000*
- Takes about 7 months to complete
900 Contact Hours
- Estimated tuition and fees: $11,000 per year*
- Cost of required supplies: $1,400*
- Takes about 10 months to complete
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||95%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||83%||$4,704|
|Receiving Student Loans||90%||$7,968|
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to Sunstate Academy – Clearwater. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- American Institute of Beauty in Largo, FL (5 miles away)
- Loraines Academy Inc in Saint Petersburg, FL (13 miles away)
- Manhattan Hairstyling Academy in Tampa, FL (14 miles away)
- The Salon Professional Academy - Tampa in Tampa, FL (14 miles away)
- Aveda Institute - Saint Petersburg in Davie, FL (15 miles away)
- Shear Excellence Hair Academy in Tampa, FL (18 miles away)
- Paul Mitchell the School - Tampa in Tampa, FL (19 miles away)
- Artistic Nails and Beauty Academy in Tampa, FL (20 miles away)