Sunstate Academy, located in Fort Myers, Florida, was founded in 1975 through the purchase of a barber school in Largo, Florida. Over the course of the schools history, several purchases of schools already in operation took place, expanding Sunstate Academy's offerings and areas of service. In 2003 Sunstate Academy was purchased by Compass Rose Foundation, Inc. a 40 year old non-profit organization. The school provides education in spa and spa related fields.
Sunstate Academy offers a number of programs to assist individuals in obtaining skills for careers in spa or cosmetology. The school provides both the understanding of business related to its fields of study, as well as in depth training to allow individuals to work as professionals in the field. Individuals graduating from programs offered will be eligible for work immediately after graduation. Some professions will require passing a licensure exam prior to being able to work, such as cosmetology and massage therapy.
Programs offered include:
Admissions and Financial Aid
Students interested in enrollment to Sunstate Academy must be over 16 years of age and have a high school diploma or equivalent. Those who meet the requirements for admission may then begin the process by filling out the school's online contact form to receive information and speak with an admission advisor, after which an application for admissions will be filled.
Financial aid is available in the form of loans and grants. Students in need of financial assistance will complete financial aid forms and applications alongside the admissions application and with the assistance of a school representative. Aid is provided by federal sources, as well as scholarships offered by the state of Florida. Tuition payment plans are also available.
Below is a listing of the programs that may be offered at Sunstate Academy – Fort Myers. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (239) 278-1311.
Cosmetology (1,200 Hours)
Cosmetology program takes on average thirteen months to complete. Students that complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $16,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $1,200*
- 137 students completed the cosmetology program last year
- Takes about 13 months to complete
Learn more about cosmetology programs through our cosmetology schools profile page, which includes listings and career descriptions.
The massage therapy programs listed below are broken down by the number of contact hours offered.
900 Contact Hours
- Estimated tuition and fees: $12,000 per year*
- Cost of required supplies: $1,400*
- Takes about 10 months to complete
600 Contact Hours
- Estimated tuition and fees: $8,000 per year*
- Cost of required supplies: $1,100*
- Takes about 7 months to complete
Facial Treatment Specialist (600 Hours)
Facial treatment specialist program takes on average seven months to complete. Students that complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $8,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $1,100*
- 26 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the facial treatment specialist program is usually 7 months
The program offered most often takes about three months to complete and may fulfill course requirements for licensing.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $3,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $700*
- The length of the program is usually 3 months
Barber (1,500 Hours)
The barber program offered most often takes about eighteen months to complete and may fulfill course requirements for licensing.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $21,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $1,700*
- 19 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the barber program is usually 18 months
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||83%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||71%||$4,369|
|Receiving Student Loans||79%||$8,032|
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to Sunstate Academy – Fort Myers. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Regency Beauty Institute - Fort Myers in Fort Myers, FL (2 miles away)
- The Salon Professional Academy - Ft Myers in Fort Myers, FL (5 miles away)
- Cozmo The School in Bonita Springs, FL (19 miles away)