The Tennessee Academy of Cosmetology has been providing quality beauty industry career educations for nearly 25 years. Working closely with suppliers and salons, TAC makes sure to be on top of new trends, treatments and technologies in order to best prepare students when they enter into the workplace. TAC has two campuses, one on Stage Road and the other on Shelby Drive. Both locations are in Memphis.
TAC offers programs in cosmetology, aesthetics (esthetics) and manicuring. All the programs are designed to impart the necessary education and skill in order to be able to work and succeed in the beauty industry. The three programs have varying lengths in order to complete, with cosmetology taking the longest and manicuring being the shortest.
Admissions and Financial Aid
To register, simply visit the school and submit your high school diploma or GED along with your birth certificate or driver's license.
Financial Aid services are available at both campuses and interested students should call or visit to speak with a representative. Additionally, scholarships are available through the various programs, as well as partial reimbursements for the state certification exam.
The list below shows all the programs that may be offered at Tennessee Academy of Cosmetology. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (901) 382-9085.
Cosmetology (1,500 Hours)
The cosmetology program takes about twelve months for most students to complete.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $17,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $2,100*
- 38 students completed the cosmetology program last year
- Takes about 12 months to complete
Learn more about cosmetology programs by taking a look at our cosmetology schools profile page, which also includes career information.
Cosmetology, Barber and Nail Instructor (300 Hours)
The cosmetology, barber and nail instructor program takes about two months for most students to complete.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $3,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $300*
- 10 students completed the cosmetology, barber and nail instructor program last year
- Takes about 2 months to complete
program takes approximately four months to complete. Students who complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $7,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $1,100*
- Takes about 4 months to complete
Esthetician (750 Hours)
The esthetician program offered usually takes about six months to complete and may satisfy education requirements for licensing.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $8,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $1,100*
- 23 students completed the esthetician program last year
- Takes about 6 months to complete
Read more and see other schools listed by visiting our esthetician schools information page.
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
Once scholarships, grants and other forms of aid are calculated, the expected average cost for students at this school is -. A fee of $100 is required from all applicants. The school's financial aid department offers additional information regarding types of aid, how to apply and more. Students may contact the school by calling (901) 372-3371. The financial figures shown on this page provide information regarding costs and fees at this school, these numbers may change in a given year due to a variety of factors.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||99%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||99%||$3,560|
|Receiving Student Loans||99%||$6,396|
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to Tennessee Academy of Cosmetology. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Paul Mitchell the School - Memphis in Bartlett, TN (2 miles away)
- Empire Beauty School - N Memphis in Memphis, TN (5 miles away)
- Empire Beauty School - E Memphis in Memphis, TN (7 miles away)
- Plaza Beauty School in Memphis, TN (8 miles away)
- Empire Beauty School - S Memphis in Memphis, TN (9 miles away)
- Southern Institute of Cosmetology in Memphis, TN (11 miles away)
- Memphis Institute of Barbering in Memphis, TN (11 miles away)
- Tennessee Academy of Cosmetology - East Shelby in Memphis, TN (13 miles away)