The Spa School provides a career oriented education in the cosmetology industry. The school is located in Columbus, Ohio, which is in a predominantly metropolitan area. For the last forty-eight consecutive years Salon Schools Group has received its accreditation from the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences. This school primarily provides education in the area of cosmetology, increasing the chances that students who complete the program have the skills and abilities necessary to pursue licensure and long term employment. In addition to cosmetology, this school also has an esthetics program, which provides an excellent education in the field of skin care and treatment and a nail technology program for individuals who want to pursue nail artistry.
In 2010-2011 about 130 students graduated from this school. Between the years of 2007-2009 the average estimated default rate for students taking loans to pay the tuition and fees for this school was approximately 8.6%.
The Spa School provides student services in the form of cosmetology career pathway counseling for current and graduated students and job placement options for graduates in need of employment. City and state licensing procedures may vary, and as such it is suggested students research getting a license in cosmetology. For information and consumer disclosures, please check out school's website.
Below is a listing of the programs that may be offered at The Spa School. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at 61425311.
Esthetician (750 Hours)
The esthetician program offered on average takes about seven months to complete and may fulfill course requirements for licensing.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $13,000*
- 68 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the esthetician program is usually 7 months
Learn more about esthetician programs through our esthetician schools profile page, which also includes career information.
program takes usually three months to complete. Students that complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $5,000*
- The length of the program is usually 3 months
The cosmetology programs listed below are broken down by the number of contact hours offered.
1,800 Contact Hours
- Estimated tuition and fees: $21,000 per year*
- Takes about 15 months to complete
1,500 Contact Hours
- Estimated tuition and fees: $18,000 per year*
- Takes about 13 months to complete
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The cost of attendance is approximately - per year, after the grants, scholarships and other forms of aid are calculated. To calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. Student who wish to obtain more information regarding financial aid may contact the school's financial aid office at (614) 252-5252 x14, which has information regarding types of aid, forms and more. Any tuition and financial aid figures listed provide an outline of costs at this school, however they may not accurately represent current costs, fees, or tuition. Please check with this school for more information.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||65%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||52%||$2,992|
|Receiving Student Loans||46%||$5,369|
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to The Spa School. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Regency Beauty Institute - Columbus in Columbus, OH (0.2 miles away)
- Paul Mitchell The School Columbus in Columbus, OH (4 miles away)
- Aveda Institute - Columbus in Columbus, OH (5 miles away)
- Ohio State School of Cosmetology - Westerville in Westerville, OH (5 miles away)
- Nationwide Beauty Academy in Columbus, OH (9 miles away)
- Ohio State College of Barber Styling in Columbus, OH (10 miles away)
- Ohio State School of Cosmetology - Canal Winchester in CANAL WINCHESTER, OH (13 miles away)
- Carousel Beauty College - Springfield in Springfield, OH (45 miles away)