The Vision Academy, located in the metropolitan area of Allentown, Pennsylvania, specializes in cosmetology training for interested individuals. The National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences has accredited the instruction & training provided by The Vision Academy for over 33 consecutive years. This school's cosmetology program is constructed to train students for long term employment upon completion, having provided all the skills required to prepare students for licensure and entry into the beauty industry. In addition to cosmetology, this school also provides a cosmetology instructor training program for individuals who aim to become educators, a nail technology program, which offers training in nail artistry, and an esthetics program, for individuals who want to focus on skin treatments and care.
In 2010-2011 close to seventy-two students graduated from this school, with about 73% of students who start the program continue on to graduate. This school reported individuals had a loan default rate of approximately 3.4% in 2009.
The Vision Academy provides student services in the form of cosmetology career pathway counseling to help students and job placement opportunities for students looking for work. State and county licensing procedures may vary, and as such it is recommended students look into getting a license in cosmetology. For additional information regarding licensing and consumer disclosures, interested students may visit the school's website.
Below is a listing of the programs that may be offered at The Vision Academy. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (732) 389-1400.
Cosmetology (1,250 Hours)
The cosmetology program offered on average takes about nine months to complete and may fulfill course requirements for licensing.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $18,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $2,900*
- 40 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the cosmetology program is usually 9 months
Learn more and browse other schools listed by going to our cosmetology schools page.
Cosmetology, Barber and Nail Instructor (600 Hours)
Cosmetology, barber and nail instructor program takes usually five months to complete. Students that complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $8,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $500*
- The length of the cosmetology, barber and nail instructor program is usually 5 months
The program offered on average takes about two months to complete and may fulfill course requirements for licensing.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $4,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $500*
- Takes about 2 months to complete
Esthetician (300 Hours)
The esthetician program takes about three months for most students to complete.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $5,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $600*
- The length of the esthetician program is usually 3 months
Get more information about esthetician and browse other schools listed by visiting our esthetician schools profile page.
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||97%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||97%||$4,338|
|Receiving Student Loans||93%||$7,705|
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to The Vision Academy. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Empire Beauty School - Lehigh Valley in Whitehall, PA (3 miles away)
- Metro Beauty Academy in Allentown, PA (8 miles away)
- Lansdale School of Cosmetology Inc in Lansdale, PA (27 miles away)
- Stroudsburg School of Cosmetology in Stroudsburg, PA (28 miles away)
- Empire Beauty School - Reading in Reading, PA (32 miles away)
- Empire Beauty School - Warminster in Warminster, PA (34 miles away)
- Magnolia School in Ambler, PA (34 miles away)
- Jolie Hair And Beauty Academy - Hazleton in Hazleton, PA (38 miles away)