Located in Downers Grove, IL, Universal Spa Training Academy is a private institution that provides career education for individuals interested in cosmetology. Universal Spa Training Academy is accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences, having held that accreditation for the last 3 straight years.
USTA has a comprehensive cosmetology program that trains individuals get started in the beauty industry as qualified and licensed professionals. In addition, Universal Spa Training Academy also provides an esthetics program, for individuals who wish to specialize in skin treatments and care, a massage therapy program, for professionals that wish to learn to become a massage therapist, and a nail technology program, which offers training in nail artistry.
Close to fifty-four students completed their training at Universal Spa Training Academy over the last couple of years, with a graduation rate of around 95%.
Universal Spa Training Academy offers services for students including cosmetology career counseling assistance for current and graduated students, job placement opportunities for graduating students in need of employment, and adaptable training for individuals who require flexibility.
Students must look up local and state licensing requirements specific to their state and county of residence to ensure programs meet current standards. For information and consumer disclosures, please check out school's website.
Below is a listing of the programs that may be offered at Universal Spa Training Academy. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (630) 968-6800.
Esthetician (750 Hours)
Esthetician program takes usually five months to complete. Students that complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $16,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $500*
- 102 students completed the esthetician program last year
- Takes about 5 months to complete
Get more information about esthetician and browse other schools listed by visiting our esthetician schools information page.
Massage Therapy (650 Hours)
The massage therapy program takes about nine months for most students to complete.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $11,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $700*
- 44 students completed the massage therapy program last year
- Takes about 9 months to complete
Get more information about massage therapy and browse other schools listed by checking out our massage therapy schools information page.
Cosmetology, Barber and Nail Instructor (750 Hours)
Cosmetology, barber and nail instructor program takes usually twelve months to complete. Students that complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $12,000*
- Takes about 12 months to complete
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average annual "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around -. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. There is also a $50 application fee for students applying to the school. The financial figures shown on this page provide information regarding costs and fees at Universal Spa Training Academy, these numbers may change in a given year due to a variety of factors.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||71%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||41%||$3,741|
|Receiving Student Loans||69%||$6,163|
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to Universal Spa Training Academy. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- University of Aesthetics - Downers Grove in Downers Grove, IL (3 miles away)
- Regency Beauty Institute - Darien in Darien, IL (3 miles away)
- G Skin & Beauty Institute in Oakbrook, IL (5 miles away)
- Empire Beauty School - Lisle in Lisle, IL (6 miles away)
- Cannella School of Hair Design - Villa Park in Villa Park, IL (8 miles away)
- Tricoci University of Beauty Culture - Glendale Heights in Glendale Heights, IL (8 miles away)
- Tricoci University of Beauty Culture - Bridgeview in Bridgeview, IL (11 miles away)
- Hair Professionals Career College in Palos Hills, IL (11 miles away)