Interested individuals in and around Little Rock may get a cosmetology education by attending Velvatex College of Beauty Culture. For the last 16 years this school has received its accreditation from the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences. This school primarily provides education and training in the area of cosmetology through professional and experienced teachers, ensuring that students who complete the program are equipped with the skills and education necessary to pursue licensure and gainful employment. In addition, this school also offers a cosmetology instructor training program for professionals who want to become educators.
Over the past few years close to fifty students have enrolled at this school, with students having a graduation rate of about 86%.
Velvatex College of Beauty Culture provides services for students such as job placement opportunities for individuals looking for work, flexible courses for those with irregular schedules, and cosmetology career guidance & assistance to help students. Local and state licensing procedures may differ, and as such it is recommended students lookup obtaining a license in cosmetology. To see more and get consumer disclosures, please visit velvatexcollege.com.
The list below shows all the programs that may be offered at Velvatex College of Beauty Culture. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (501) 372-9678.
Cosmetology (1,500 Hours)
The cosmetology program offered usually takes about twelve months to complete and may satisfy education requirements for licensing.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $15,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $1,200*
- 9 students completed the cosmetology program last year
- Takes about 12 months to complete
Learn more and find other schools listed by visiting our cosmetology schools profile page.
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||90%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||90%||$5,730|
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to Velvatex College of Beauty Culture. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Imagine - Paul Mitchell Partner School in North Little Rock, AR (0.8 miles away)
- Arkansas College of Barbering and Hair Design in North Little Rock, AR (2 miles away)
- New Tyler Barber College Inc in North Little Rock, AR (3 miles away)
- Lees School of Cosmetology in North Little Rock, AR (3 miles away)
- Washington Barber College Inc in Little Rock, AR (4 miles away)
- The Salon Professional Academy - Little Rock in North Little Rock, AR (5 miles away)
- Arkansas Beauty School - Little Rock in Little Rock, AR (5 miles away)
- Regency Beauty Institute - Little Rock in Little Rock, AR (6 miles away)