Venus Beauty Academy is a school that specializes in education and training in the cosmetology industry for residents of Sharon Hill, PA. Venus Beauty Academy is accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences, having held that accreditation for the last thirty-seven consecutive years. Venus Beauty Academy primarily provides education in the area of cosmetology, ensuring that students who complete the program get the skills and abilities required to pursue licensure and long term employment. In addition, Venus Beauty Academy also provides an esthetics program, for individuals who wish to specialize in skin care and treatments, a nail technology program, which provides training in nail care, and a cosmetology instructor training program for students who want to become educators.
Enrollment at this school is approximately 120 students annually, with about 82% of those who start the program continue on to graduate. Venus Beauty Academy reported individuals had a loan default rate of around 6% in 2009.
Venus Beauty Academy offers cosmetology career counseling for current and graduated students. Students must look up state licensing requirements to make sure programs meet current standards. For information and consumer disclosures, please check out school's website.
The list below shows all the programs that may be offered at Venus Beauty Academy. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (610) 586-2500.
Cosmetology (1,250 Hours)
The cosmetology program offered usually takes about eleven months to complete and may satisfy education requirements for licensing.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $17,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $1,800*
- 50 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the cosmetology program is usually 11 months
Learn more about cosmetology programs by visiting our cosmetology schools profile page, which also includes career information.
The program offered usually takes about three months to complete and may satisfy education requirements for licensing.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $3,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $700*
- The length of the program is usually 3 months
Esthetician (350 Hours)
The esthetician program takes about four months for most students to complete.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $5,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $1,300*
- 14 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the esthetician program is usually 4 months
Learn more about esthetician programs by visiting our esthetician schools profile page, which includes lists on other schools offering this program.
Cosmetology, Barber and Nail Instructor (600 Hours)
Cosmetology, barber and nail instructor program takes on average six months to complete. Students who complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $8,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $600*
- The length of the cosmetology, barber and nail instructor program is usually 6 months
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||73%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||65%||$2,775|
|Receiving Student Loans||61%||$5,126|
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to Venus Beauty Academy. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Empire Beauty School - Springfield in Springfield, PA (5 miles away)
- Empire Beauty School - Philadelphia Chestnut St in Philadelphia, PA (6 miles away)
- Jean Madeline Aveda Institute in Philadelphia, PA (7 miles away)
- L T International Beauty School in Philadelphia, PA (7 miles away)
- P B Cosmetology Education Center in Gloucester, NJ (8 miles away)
- Empire Beauty School - Cherry Hill in Cherry Hill, NJ (12 miles away)
- Empire Beauty School - Laurel Springs in Laurel Springs, NJ (16 miles away)
- Magnolia School in Ambler, PA (17 miles away)