Located in Kalamazoo, MI, West Michigan College of Barbering and Beauty LLC is a private institution that provides career education for individuals interested in cosmetology. West Michigan College of Barbering and Beauty LLC has been accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences since 1986. The school offers an in-depth cosmetology program that provides the skills and education needed to obtain licensure and long term employment upon graduation. In addition to cosmetology, this school also has a cosmetology instructor training program for individuals who want to become educators and a hair styling program, which focuses on the art of hair management.
Enrollment at this school is nearly 120 students yearly.
West Michigan College of Barbering and Beauty LLC offers student services including career counseling for students starting their a career in cosmetology, remedial education classes for licensure preparation or admissions requirements, and help with finding job opportunities for students. City and state licensing procedures may differ, and as such it is suggested students research getting a license in cosmetology. Students can learn more about West Michigan College of Barbering and Beauty LLC, including consumer disclosures, by visiting westmichigancollegeofbarberingandbeauty.com.
Below is a listing of the programs that may be offered at West Michigan College of Barbering and Beauty LLC. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (269) 381-4424.
Cosmetology (1,500 Hours)
The cosmetology program takes about eleven months for most students to complete.
- Tuition estimate is $15,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $1,600*
- 26 students completed the cosmetology program last year
- Takes about 11 months to complete
Learn more and see other schools listed by visiting our cosmetology schools information page.
Barber (1,800 Hours)
The barber program offered on average takes about fourteen months to complete and may fulfill course requirements for licensing.
- Tuition estimate is $16,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $1,100*
- 17 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the barber program is usually 14 months
Cosmetology, Barber and Nail Instructor (2,000 Hours)
Cosmetology, barber and nail instructor program takes approximately twelve months to complete. Students that complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Tuition estimate is $2,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $100*
- The length of the cosmetology, barber and nail instructor program is usually 12 months
The program offered on average takes about four months to complete and may fulfill course requirements for licensing.
- Tuition estimate is $3,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $500*
- Takes about 4 months to complete
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||100%||$5,582|
|Receiving Student Loans||29%||$5,215|
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to West Michigan College of Barbering and Beauty LLC. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Wright Beauty Academy - Portage in Portage, MI (3 miles away)
- School of Designing Arts in Battle Creek, MI (19 miles away)
- Wright Beauty Academy - Battle Creek in Battle Creek, MI (20 miles away)
- The Salon Academy in Coldwater, MI (37 miles away)
- International Cosmetology Academy in Grand Rapids, MI (45 miles away)
- Twin City Beauty College in Saint Joseph, MI (47 miles away)
- Regency Beauty Institute - South Bend in Mishawaka, IN (49 miles away)