Design Institute of San Diego, located in San Diego, CA, is a school dedicated to providing education and training in the area of design. The largest program offered is the interior design bachelor's degree program, with more than 320 student designers graduating in the last several years. To help support students, Design Institute of San Diego may provide student services like:
- Night and weekend classes available
- Academic counseling for students
- Work study style employment
- Assistance to find work
Student success after graduation may be determined by a number of factors, including graduation rate and loan default. At Design Institute of San Diego, the graduation rate is around 62%, and the school has an average loan default rate of around 4%.
The Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools has accredited the instruction & training provided by Design Institute of San Diego for over nineteen straight years. To see more and get consumer disclosures, you can visit disd.edu.
The program list below was created by historical graduation information reported by the school. This list may not represent the current curriculum offered. Visit the school's website to get more information about programs offered.
Get more information about the programs offered by Design Institute of San Diego by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Interior Design (B)
- Tuition is estimated to be $19,620 per year*
- Required fees are estimated to be around $10*
- For part-time undergraduate students, the cost of attendance is about $710 per credit hour*
- About forty students were granted degrees in the last reported year
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The net cost of this school is close to - annually, after the various types of aid, including scholarships and grants, are taken into consideration. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. Students wishing to apply to this school must pay an application fee of $25. The financial figures shown on this page provide information regarding costs and fees at this school, these numbers may change in a given year due to a variety of factors.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition is estimated to be around $22,000 per year
- For part-time students, charges are between $710-$850 per unit
- Required fees for full-time students: $11
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||50%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||17%||$8,672|
|Receiving Student Loans||50%||$6,192|
Other Fashion or Art Schools
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Design Institute of San Diego.
- Interior Designers Institute in Newport Beach, CA (66 miles away)
- American Institute of Interior Design in Fountain Hills, AZ (319 miles away)
- New York School of Interior Design in New York, NY (2,426 miles away)