Otis College of Art and Design, located in Los Angeles, CA, is a nonprofit private art institution that offers interested students career training in the fields of art and design. Otis Art Institute has more than ten different programs available to students, including degrees as high as a Master's degree. Listed below are the more popular programs offered:
- Film, Video and Photographic Arts
- Fashion Design
- Design and Visual Communications
- Fine Studio Arts
Student and special services are available at Otis College of Art and Design, providing personal and academic assistance for students, which includes:
- Weekend and night classes available
- Counseling assistance
- Work study style employment
- Assistance to find work
Students can use a variety of means to evaluate school performance. A school's graduation and loan default rates are among the strongest indicators of educational and career success. Otis Art Institute has a yearly graduation rate of 52%, and a loan default rate of near 8%.
The last reported accreditation for Otis College of Art and Design was done by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities. Get more information by visiting the school's official website, where you can see classes offered, financial aid & tuition, and disclosures.
Below is a list of areas of study that may be available for students. Any linked program will direct you to the respective program's profile page which provides general educational requirements and possible career paths.
Get more information about the programs offered by Otis College of Art and Design by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
English Language and Literature
Visual and Performing Arts
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
Once scholarships, grants and other forms of aid are calculated, the expected average cost for students at this school is -. To calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. A fee of $60 is required from all applicants. Students in need of financial assistance can get more information through the school's financial aid department, by calling (310) 665-6880. The financial figures shown on this page provide information regarding costs and fees at this school, these numbers may change in a given year due to a variety of factors.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
Undergraduate Courses - Tuition Details
- Annual tuition estimates are between $40,000-$47,000
- The estimated tuition for part time students is around $1,300 to $1,600 per credit hour
- Required fees for full-time students: $2,900
Graduate Courses - Tuition Details
- The estimated tuition range for graduate students is around $41,000-$49,000 per year
- The estimated tuition for part time students is around $2,000 to $2,400 per credit hour
- Required fees for graduate students are around $2,900
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||84%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||83%||$16,625|
|Receiving Student Loans||54%||$6,379|
Other Fashion or Art Schools
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Otis College of Art and Design.
- Laguna College of Art and Design in Laguna Beach, CA (46 miles away)
- California College of the Arts in San Francisco, CA (343 miles away)
- The Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising - San Francisco in San Francisco, CA (346 miles away)
- Pacific Northwest College of Art in Portland, OR (831 miles away)
- Cornish College of the Arts in Seattle, WA (966 miles away)