Middle Tennessee School of Anesthesia (MTSA) is located in Madison, Tennessee—a suburb of Nashville. It’s listed as the only single-purpose, anesthesia-specific graduate degree program in the United States. Their mission is “to provide a Christian, Seventh-Day Adventist learning environment that fosters the pursuit of truth, excellence in the access to graduate nurse anesthesia education, and a life of service.”
- Master of Science with a focus on Anesthesia Degree
- Doctor of Nurse Anesthesia Practice
While the Doctorate program involves 4 weeks of intensive sessions at the MTSA campus, the rest of the program is all online. There are currently no online courses available for the Master’s program
Tuition is $30,000, but additional costs include application fee, books, physical exam, health insurance, housing, smart phone (with data plan), access to a personal computer/printer with high speed internet access, drug screening, and dues and membership fees.
Financial aid is available for those who qualify, but part of Middle Tennessee School of Anesthesia’s goal is to help assist students and families in obtaining funds and plan their personal finances associated with attending. They provide ongoing financial counseling for students and families to ensure good stewardship of financial aid funds
MTSA has a list of prerequisites that can be viewed on their website:
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
- The estimated tuition range for graduate students is around $56,000-$67,000 per year
- The estimated tuition for part time students is around $830 to $1,000 per credit hour
- Required fees for graduate students are around $16,000
Academics & Student Services
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) Program
- * Accredited by the Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs (since 1952)
Other Graduate Schools
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Middle Tennessee School of Anesthesia Inc.
- NorthShore University HealthSystem School of Nurse Anesthesia in Evanston, IL (405 miles away)
- Wolford College in Naples, FL (748 miles away)