Salus University, located in Elkins Park, Pennsylvania, was established in 2008 as the graduate studies arm of the Pennsylvania School of Optometry. The Pennsylvania School of Optometry is one of the oldest of its kinds having been founded in 1929.
Salus University confers degrees in a small number of health related fields, including:
- Doctor of Optometry
- Orientation and Mobile Therapy
- Physician Assistant
- Vision Rehabilitation Therapy
Admissions and Financial Aid
Students wishing to apply to Salus University must complete the application and submit all required transcripts and forms prior to the admissions deadline posted each year. After the deadline all applications will be reviewed and interviews scheduled which may or may not result in admission to the school. Salus University offers financial aid through a variety of means, including work opportunities. Students interested in obtaining financial aid should download the financial aid handbook available on the Salus University website.
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Salus University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Health and Clinical Professions
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition is estimated to be around $25,000 per year for graduate students
- The estimated tuition for part time students is around $830 to $1,000 per credit hour
- Required fees for graduate students are around $680
- Annual tuition estimates for specific graduate schools:
- Optometry School: -
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and alumni, Salus University may offer services to students including:
- Remedial courses
- Counseling assistance
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Assisting students to find work
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Clinical Audiology (Au.D.) Program
- Occupational Therapy (OT) Program
- Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA) Program
- Optometry (O.D.) Program
Other Graduate Schools
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Salus University.
- SUNY College of Optometry in New York, NY (76 miles away)
- Rockefeller University in New York, NY (77 miles away)
- The Commonwealth Medical College in Scranton, PA (96 miles away)
- Eastern Virginia Medical School in Norfolk, VA (232 miles away)
- New England College of Optometry in Boston, MA (262 miles away)