Founded as West Suburban School of Nursing almost 100 years ago, Resurrection University is now a fully-accredited, not-for-profit, Catholic-based specialty school for health sciences. The University is owned and operated by Resurrection Heath Care, a not-for-profit Catholic organization sponsored by the Sisters of the Holy Family of Nazareth and the Sisters of the Resurrection. Resurrection Health Care is comprised of hospitals, nursing homes, retirement communities, home health services, behavioral health programs and other health-related services that provide advanced medical care and exceptional customer service with compassion and hope.
From its founding in 1914, Resurrection University had been affiliated with West Suburban Medical Center. Although West Suburban was transferred to Vanguard Health on August 1, 2010, Resurrection University remains part of the Resurrection Health Care System. Resurrection Health Care chose to hold on to the nursing school to maintain a steady supply of nurses to the System's hospitals. This continued affiliation will give students the opportunity to choose between several convenient clinical sites for practicums, internships and employment.
The program list below was created by historical graduation information reported by the school. This list may not represent the current curriculum offered. Visit the school's website to get more information about programs offered.
Learn more about programs available at Resurrection University by clicking on the request information button.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Nursing (B, M)
Health Information and Medical Records Technology (B, C, M)
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
Undergraduate Courses - Tuition Details
- Tuition is estimated to be around $27,000 per year
- The estimated tuition for part time students is around $830 to $1,000 per credit hour
- Required fees for full-time students: $610
Graduate Courses - Tuition Details
- Annual tuition estimates are between $10,000-$12,000 for graduate students
- Part time students are estimated to pay about $840 to $1,000 per unit
- Required fees for graduate students are around $610
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||69%||$6,702|
|Student Loans (Federal)||70%||$11,887|
Other Healthcare or Nursing Schools
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Resurrection University.
- Ambria College of Nursing in Hoffman Estates, IL (26 miles away)
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing in Rockford, IL (68 miles away)
- Saint Elizabeth School of Nursing in Lafayette, IN (111 miles away)
- Lakeview College of Nursing in Danville, IL (121 miles away)
- Saint Francis Medical Center College of Nursing in Peoria, IL (125 miles away)