East West College of the Healing Arts, located in Portland, Oregon, was founded in 1972 as the Midway School of Massage. The school was purchased in 1981 by David Slawson, who was interested in increasing health care option in the Pacific Northwest. Through Mr. Slawson's involvement, the school grew, and assisted in forming the Whole Life Expo and what is now known as the Common Ground Center. The school is accredited by the Commission on Massage Therapy Accreditation.
East West College of the Healing Arts offers an 800 hour massage therapy program. The program covers a variety of subjects. Students will study different sciences, including anatomy, physiology and pathology. Various massage techniques will be covered as well, such as Swedish, movement therapy and body mechanics. In addition, clinical courses and lessons in hydrotherapy will be taught as well. Various elective courses in various massages are also available.
Admissions and Financial Aid
Students interested in enrolling at East West College of the Healing Arts must be at least 18 years of age and have a high school diploma or equivalent. Students must submit a completed application along with all associated application fees as well as pertinent documents, such as proof of graduation. Once submitted, students should meet with an admissions representative who will administer an entrance exam. Students will be notified if they are admitted after the above are completed.
Financial aid is available to eligible students. Students interested in receiving financial aid should obtain a Federal PIN and complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Once submitted students will be given a student aid report which will determine eligibility for financial aid awards.
The list below shows all the programs that may be offered at East West College of the Healing Arts. Programs may differ from the list below, to see a full list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (503) 233-6500.
Get more information about the programs offered by East West College of the Healing Arts by clicking the request information to the right.
Massage Therapy (800 Hours)
Massage therapy program takes ,as reported, twelve months to complete.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $15,000*
- Estimated cost of required books and supplies are around $740*
- More than 100 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The massage therapy program takes about 12 months to complete
Learn more and browse other schools listed by checking out our massage therapy schools page.
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
Alternate Tuition Plan Options Available
- Some programs may have a frozen tuition rate, which means the tuition will stay the same for up to five years.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||36%||$2,862|
|Student Loans (Federal)||57%||$4,801|
Other Massage Schools
The list of massage schools below offer programs similar to East West College of the Healing Arts. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Sage School of Massage & Healing Arts in Bend, OR (121 miles away)
- Cortiva Institute - Seattle in Seattle, WA (145 miles away)
- Inland Massage Institute in Spokane, WA (292 miles away)
- National Holistic Institute - College of Massage Therapy in Emeryville, CA (531 miles away)
- College of Massage Therapy in Blackfoot, ID (534 miles away)
- Health Works Institute in Bozeman, MT (566 miles away)
- Nightingale College School of Nursing in Ogden, UT (615 miles away)
- Utah College of Massage Therapy Inc - Salt Lake City in Salt Lake City, UT (634 miles away)