Augustana College is a liberal arts college that offers an undergraduate education and helps students in developing important skills useful in pursuit of graduate education or employment. A liberal arts curriculum exposes students to a variety of topics and subjects. The school is located in Rock Island, IL, which is a predominantly urban area. The Evangelical Lutheran Church affiliation of this school is an important part of the history, education and curriculum that defines the school. Augustana College has a yearly student enrollment of around two thousand.
Areas of study offered at Augustana College include:
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Health And Clinical Professions
The admissions process will include the submission of an application, transcripts, records, and standardized test scores, which are then evaluated by the admissions committee. An estimated 60 percent of all applicant were admitted at this school, with 25 percent of those admitted choosing to enroll. More information regarding admissions can be found here.
Tuition is approximately $37,000 annually, though it may vary based on any number of circumstances. Students should check the school's price of attendance calculator to get a more personalized estimate of costs. Financial aid may be offered to students that meet the necessary requirements in the form of loans, grants, scholarships and work study programs.
The Augustana College "Vikings" compete in a number of intercollegiate sports through participation in the NCAA. Available athletic programs offered may include the following:
- Baseball (NCAA Division III)
- Basketball (NCAA Division III)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division III)
Students should visit the Augustana College website to obtain a complete list of areas of study, programs, admissions information, and more that is available at this school.
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may provide a better idea of the candidates Augustana College accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college or dual credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
The total student enrollment at Augustana College is about 2,500, where graduate students make up roughly 27% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are between $38,000-$46,000 for both state residents and nonresidents
- Per unit charges are around $1,800 for part time students
Financial Aid Details
The financial aid table below details the types of financial aid, along with the percent of students receiving aid, and on average the amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||99%||$25,724|
|Receiving Student Loans||88%||$7,719|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help support students, Augustana College may offer services to students including:
- Distance learning
- Remedial instructional courses
- Career path counseling
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Assisting students to find work
Augustana College has a high graduation rate when compared to other similar schools in the area.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||74%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||5%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||0.1%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Music Program
- * Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music, Commission on Accreditation (since 1938)
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
- * Accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (since 1954)
Augustana College is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division III (with football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (College Conference of Illinois and Wisc)
- Basketball (College Conference of Illinois and Wisc)
- Track and Field (College Conference of Illinois and Wisc)
- Football (College Conference of Illinois and Wisc)
- Swimming and Diving
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Augustana College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Augustana College.
- Western Illinois University in Macomb, IL (72 miles away)
- Northern Illinois University in Dekalb, IL (96 miles away)
- Illinois State University in Normal, IL (105 miles away)
- University of Wisconsin - Platteville in Platteville, WI (117 miles away)
- University of Northern Iowa in Cedar Falls, IA (120 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities:
- See all colleges in Illinois
- Browse our list of private colleges in Illinois
- Compare this school to other Illinois liberal arts colleges
- See if these other Christian Colleges in Illinois may interest you?
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Augustana College for official up-to-date information.