Baldwin - Wallace College, a nonprofit private institution, offers an assortment of educational opportunities, allowing students to choose which major is right for them. Located in Berea, OH, the school resides in a suburban setting for students to study in. The school maintains a United Methodist affiliation, which is evident in the role it plays in program curriculums and daily life at the school. Approximately 4,300 students enroll at B-W yearly.
Areas of study offered at B-W include:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Recreation And Fitness Studies
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
Students applying for admission are usually required to submit an application, transcripts, records, test scores and any requested personal statements, which will then be reviewed by admissions staff. Very common test scores among students accepted to Baldwin - Wallace College are within the range of 21 to 27 for the ACT exam, or 940 to 1220 on the SAT exam. An estimated 60 percent of all applicant were accepted at Baldwin - Wallace College, with 28 percent of those admitted choosing to attend. More information from the admissions office can be found at bw.edu.
The cost of tuition is nearly $29,000 annually. Tuition prices may change for any number of reasons, and therefore students should visit the school's price of attendance calculator to understand their personalized cost estimate of attendance. The price of on-campus housing is about $4,700 per year. Students attending B-W may be eligible for aid which is generally grants and loans.
The Baldwin - Wallace College Yellow Jackets participate in a number of athletic programs, overseen by the NCAA. Athletic programs available include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division III)
- Basketball (NCAA Division III)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division III)
- Football (NCAA Division III)
Students should visit the school's http://www.bw.edu to view additional information.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may provide a better idea of the students Baldwin – Wallace College accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at Baldwin – Wallace College is around 4,000 students, where graduate students make up roughly 19% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition is estimated to be around $33,000 per year for in-state and nonresident students
- For part-time students, charges are between $720-$860 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||100%||$19,250|
|Receiving Student Loans||94%||$8,081|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and alumni, Baldwin – Wallace College may offer services to students like those listed below:
- Distance learning
- Classes offered on nights and weekends
- Remedial instructional courses
- Career path counseling
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Assisting students to find work
Baldwin – Wallace College has a very high graduation rate when compared to other similar schools in the area.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||55%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||14%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||2%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Music Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
Baldwin Wallace is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division III (with football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Ohio Athletic Conference)
- Basketball (Ohio Athletic Conference)
- Track and Field (Ohio Athletic Conference)
- Football (Ohio Athletic Conference)
- Swimming and Diving
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Baldwin – Wallace College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Baldwin – Wallace College.
- Cleveland State University in Cleveland, OH (13 miles away)
- Kent State University - Kent Campus in Kent, OH (29 miles away)
- Ohio State University - Mansfield Campus in Mansfield, OH (55 miles away)
- Ohio State University - Marion Campus in Marion, OH (85 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Beaver in Monaca, PA (94 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities:
- Browse through our complete list of colleges in Ohio
- Find out what other private colleges are located in Ohio
- Browse our detailed list of Bible & Christian Colleges in Ohio
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Baldwin – Wallace College for official up-to-date information.