Belhaven University is a nonprofit private college that has many degrees available for students to choose from. The school is located in Jackson, MS, in a predominantly urban area. The school maintains a Presbyterian Church affiliation, which is evident in the role it plays in program curriculums and daily life at the school. Belhaven University has an annual student enrollment of over 3,100.
Students may choose from several areas of study, including but not limited to:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Social Sciences
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Liberal Arts And Sciences
- Recreation And Fitness Studies
To be considered for admissions, you may be asked to fill out an application, provide letters of recommendations, and submit any transcripts or test scores, which are then reviewed by admissions staff. Students may provide either the SAT or ACT scores to be considered for admissions at Belhaven University. A score in a range of 885 to 1165 on the SAT, or 19 to 25 for the ACT is common among admitted students. 51% of students that apply are admitted to this school, of which 34% choose to attend. More information regarding admissions can be found here.
Undergraduate tuition is approximately $20,000 for the year, though it may change based on any number of circumstances. Students should visit the school's price of attendance calculator to see the personalize cost of attendance. Some students at this school may qualify for financial aid, which is generally offered as grants or student loans.
Athletic programs are available at Belhaven University through the NAIA, allowing students to participate in intercollegiate athletics. Athletic programs that are available include:
- Baseball (NAIA Division I)
- Basketball (NAIA Division I)
- Football (NAIA Division I)
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may provide a better idea of the applicants Belhaven University accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Belhaven University has a total student population of about 4,500. The student body is made up of 62% undergraduate students and 6% graduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are between $22,000-$26,000 for both state residents and nonresidents
- Part time students pay in the range of $430 to $510 per unit
- Room and board is estimated to cost around $9,600, the amount includes the serving of nineteen meals per week
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||99%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||98%||$14,540|
|Receiving Student Loans||77%||$7,480|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and alumni, Belhaven University may provide services including:
- Online course work available
- Weekend and night classes available
- Remedial courses
- Career path counseling
- Helping students find work after graduation
The overall graduation rate of Belhaven University is approximately 40%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||25%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||11%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||1%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Art and Design Program
- Dance Program
- Music Program
- Theatre Program
Belhaven University is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NAIA Division I classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (American Southwest Conference)
- Basketball (American Southwest Conference)
- Football (American Southwest Conference)
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Belhaven University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
English Language and Literature
Family and Consumer Sciences
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Theology and Religious Vocations
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Belhaven University.
- Jackson State University in Jackson, MS (3 miles away)
- Alcorn State University in Alcorn State, MS (64 miles away)
- Mississippi Valley State University in Itta Bena, MS (84 miles away)
- Delta State University in Cleveland, MS (109 miles away)
- University of Arkansas at Monticello in Monticello, AR (127 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities:
- Compare schools and see a list of all colleges in Mississippi
- Find out what other private colleges are located in Mississippi
- Review a list of Mississippi Bible and Christian Colleges
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Belhaven University for official up-to-date information.