Brenau University provides a variety of degree programs for students to aid them in their growth and development. The school is located in Gainesville, Georgia and operated as a private institution. Brenau University has an annual student enrollment of over two thousand.
Students can select from several areas of study, including:
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
To be considered for admissions, you may be asked to fill out an application, write a personal statement, and submit school records, which are then studied by the admissions office. Most students admitted to this school score in a range of 900 - 1110 on the SAT. 34% of those students that apply are accepted to Brenau University, of which 15% choose to attend.
The cost of tuition is nearly $23,000, but may change each year. Students are encouraged to use the school's tuition calculator to better estimate their personal tuition costs. Financial aid may be offered to students that meet the required requirements in the form of loans, grants, scholarships and work study programs.
The mascot for Brenau University is the "Golden Tigers", and they participate in intercollegiate sports through the oversight and organization of the NAIA. Available sports offered:
- Basketball (NAIA Division I)
- Soccer (NAIA Division I)
- Softball (NAIA Division I)
- Swimming (NAIA Division I)
- Tennis (NAIA Division I)
Students can take a look at the school's http://www.brenau.edu to view additional information.
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may give an overview of the candidates Brenau University accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP or college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
The total student enrollment at Brenau University is about 2,900, where graduate students make up roughly 7% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition is estimated to range between $25,000-$31,000 for both in-state and out-of-state students
- Part time students pay in the range of $850 to $1,000 per unit
- The estimated cost for on campus dorms & meals is around $14,000, which includes nineteen meals provided per week
Financial Aid Details
The table listed below helps break down the types of financial aid students receive and the percent receiving aid, as well as the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||98%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||98%||$17,979|
|Receiving Student Loans||91%||$6,454|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help support students, Brenau University may provide student services like:
- Distance learning
- Classes offered on nights and weekends
- Remedial instructional courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Helping students find work after graduation
The overall graduation rate of Brenau University is close to 46%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||29%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||10%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||5%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
Campus: Brenau University
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program
- Occupational Therapy (OT) Program
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
Campus: Brenau University, North Atlanta-Norcross Campus
- Occupational Therapy (OT) Program
- * Accredited by the American Occupational Therapy Association, Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (since 2009)
Brenau University is a Member of National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA), with many of the sports belonging to the NAIA Division I classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Basketball (Southern States Athletic Conference)
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Brenau University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
English Language and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Brenau University.
- Georgia Gwinnett College in Lawrenceville, GA (24 miles away)
- Clayton State University in Morrow, GA (57 miles away)
- Gordon College in Barnesville, GA (88 miles away)
- Georgia College & State University in Milledgeville, GA (91 miles away)
- Lander University in Greenwood, SC (95 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities:
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Brenau University for official up-to-date information.