Bucknell University is a liberal arts college that offers an undergraduate education and helps students in developing important skills useful in pursuit of graduate education or employment. A liberal arts curriculum exposes students to a variety of topics and subjects. The school is located in Lewisburg, Pennsylvania, which is a predominantly rural area. Enrollment at Bucknell University is nearly 3,600 per year.
A list of some of the more popular programs offered are:
- Social Sciences
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
- English Language And Literature
To be considered for admissions, you may be required to complete an application, write a personal statement, and submit school records, which are then studied by the admissions staff. Students may submit either the ACT or SAT scores to be considered for admissions at this school. A score between 1820 to 2100 on the SAT, or 27 to 31 for the ACT is usually submitted among accepted students. Admission to Bucknell University is considered highly competitive, with only 30% of students who applied on average being admitted each year. More information on admissions can be found here.
The cost of tuition is close to $48,000 for the year. Tuition prices may change for a variety of reasons, and therefore students should use the school's price of attendance calculator to understand their cost of attendance. The cost of on-campus housing is around $6,700 for the year. Financial aid may be provided to students that meet the necessary requirements by way of scholarships, grants, and loans.
The Bucknell University Bison participate in a number of intercollegiate athletic programs, with competitions managed and overseen by the NCAA. Athletic programs offered include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division I-AA)
- Basketball (NCAA Division I-AA)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division I-AA)
- Field Hockey (NCAA Division I-AA)
Students should visit the website to obtain a complete list of areas of study, financial aid details, and more that is available at this school.
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may give an overview of the applicants Bucknell University accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at Bucknell University is around 3,600 students, where graduate students make up roughly 26% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- The estimated tuition range is around $50,000-$60,000 per year
- Part time students pay in the range of $1,400 to $1,600 per unit
- May provide a prepaid tuition option, which allows tuition to be purchased at current rates for enrollment at a future date
Financial Aid Details
The information below lists the financial aid types students are receiving. Also shown are the percent of students receiving aid and the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||59%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||55%||$27,363|
|Receiving Student Loans||35%||$7,721|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo support students and graduates, Bucknell University may provide services to students like those listed below:
- Counseling assistance
- Work study style employment
- Employment search assistance
Bucknell University has a very high graduation rate when compared to other similar schools in the area.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||87%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||3%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||0.2%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Music Program
- * Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music, Commission on Accreditation (since 1954)
Bucknell University is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division I-AA classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Patriot League)
- Basketball (Patriot League)
- Track and Field (Patriot League)
- Field Hockey
- Football (Patriot League)
- Swimming and Diving
- Water Polo
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Bucknell University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Foreign Languages and Literature
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Bucknell University.
- Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania in Bloomsburg, PA (23 miles away)
- Lock Haven University of Pennsylvania in Lock Haven, PA (33 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Harrisburg in Middletown, PA (53 miles away)
- Mansfield University of Pennsylvania in Mansfield, PA (61 miles away)
- Kutztown University of Pennsylvania in Kutztown, PA (65 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities:
- Visit the main Pennsylvania colleges & universities profile page
- Browse our list of private colleges in Pennsylvania
- Find other great liberal arts colleges in Pennsylvania
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Bucknell University for official up-to-date information.