Butler University is a nonprofit private institution located in Indianapolis, Indiana and provides a large number of educational opportunities for students. Over four thousand students enroll at Butler University per year.
Areas of study offered at Butler University include but are not limited to:
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Physical Sciences
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
To be considered for admissions, applicants may be required to fill out an application, provide letters of recommendations, and submit school records, which are then reviewed by admissions officials. Either the SAT or ACT exam must be taken in order to apply to this school. Scores within the range of 25 - 30 on the ACT or 1590 - 1880 on the SAT are needed to increase the chance of getting accepted. This school has an acceptance rate of 61% of which only 16% decided to attend. More information on admissions can be found from the school's site or by requesting information here.
The cost of tuition is nearly $35,000 annually. Tuition prices may change for a variety of reasons, and therefore students should visit the school's tuition calculator to get a better idea of their costs. Student housing is available on-campus for students. The annual cost of housing is estimated to be $5,700. Students at this school may be eligible for aid which is generally grants and loans.
The Butler University "Bulldogs" compete in a number of intercollegiate sports through participation in the NCAA. Sports available may include but not limited to:
- Baseball (NCAA Division I-AA)
- Basketball (NCAA Division I-AA)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division I-AA)
- Football (NCAA Division I-AA)
Students may visit the Butler University website to see a complete list of areas of study, financial aid details, and more that is available at this school.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may provide a better idea of the candidates Butler University accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
The total student enrollment at Butler University is about 4,800. The student body is made up of 84% undergraduate students and 21% graduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition is estimated to range between $36,000-$43,000 for both in-state and out-of-state students
- Part time students pay in the range of $1,500 to $1,800 per unit
- May provide a prepaid tuition option, which allows tuition to be purchased at current rates for enrollment at a future date
Financial Aid Details
The information below lists the financial aid types students are receiving. Also shown are the percent of students receiving aid and the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||94%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||93%||$15,747|
|Receiving Student Loans||58%||$9,214|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo support students and graduates, Butler University may provide services to students including:
- Night and weekend classes available
- Career path counseling
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Assisting students to find work
Butler University has a high graduation rate when compared to other similar schools in the area.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||51%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||13%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||10%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Dance Program
- Music Program
- Pharmacy (Pharm. D.) Program
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
- Theatre Program
Butler University is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division I-AA classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Big East Conference)
- Basketball (Big East Conference)
- Track and Field (Big East Conference)
- Football (Pioneer Football League)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Butler University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Butler University.
- Indiana University - Kokomo in Kokomo, IN (43 miles away)
- Indiana University - East in Richmond, IN (68 miles away)
- Indiana State University in Terre Haute, IN (71 miles away)
- Wright State University - Lake Campus in Celina, OH (102 miles away)
- Indiana University - Purdue University - Fort Wayne in Fort Wayne, IN (104 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below:
- Compare schools and see a list of all colleges in Indiana
- Get a list of all private colleges in Indiana
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Butler University for official up-to-date information.