Carthage, a nonprofit private institution, offers a large number of program options, allowing students to choose which major is right for them. Located in Kenosha, Wisconsin, it resides in a suburban setting for students to study in. The school's Evangelical Lutheran Church affiliation is one of its defining characteristics and plays an important role within the school's vision. Approximately three thousand students are enrolled yearly at Carthage College.
Areas of study available at Carthage College include:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Recreation And Fitness Studies
- Communications And Journalism
The admissions process starts with the submission of an application, transcripts, and test scores, which are then evaluated by admissions staff. Most students admitted to Carthage score in-between 22 to 27 on the ACT. Carthage has an admissions rate of 69% of which only 14% decided to enroll. More information regarding admissions can be found here.
The cost of tuition is nearly $34,000 for the year. Tuition prices may change for a variety of reasons, and as such students should visit the school's price of attendance calculator to get a better idea of their cost of attendance. Students attending Carthage may be eligible for aid which is typically scholarships, grants, and loans.
The Carthage Red Men participate in a number of intercollegiate athletic programs, as part of the NCAA organization. Athletic programs available may include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division III)
- Basketball (NCAA Division III)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division III)
- Football (NCAA Division III)
Students who would like to get more about Carthage can check out their website at http://www.carthage.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may provide a better idea of the candidates Carthage College accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at Carthage College is around 3,000 students, with undergraduate students making up about 97% of the total student population and graduate students making up the rest.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition is estimated to be around $42,000 per year for in-state and nonresident students
- The estimated tuition for part time students is around $530 to $630 per unit
- The average estimated cost for room and board is listed to be around $13,000
Financial Aid Details
The financial aid table below details the types of financial aid, along with the percent of students receiving aid, and on average the amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||100%||$21,818|
|Receiving Student Loans||77%||$8,788|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help support students, Carthage College may provide student services like:
- Classes offered on nights and weekends
- Counseling assistance
- Work study style employment
- Assisting students to find work
Carthage has an overall graduation rate which is close to 65%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||54%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||9%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||1%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Music Program
- * Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music, Commission on Accreditation (since 1979)
Carthage is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division III (with football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (College Conference of Illinois and Wisc)
- Basketball (College Conference of Illinois and Wisc)
- Track and Field (College Conference of Illinois and Wisc)
- Football (College Conference of Illinois and Wisc)
- Water Polo
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Carthage College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Carthage College.
- University of Wisconsin - Parkside in Kenosha, WI (2 miles away)
- University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee in Milwaukee, WI (32 miles away)
- Northeastern Illinois University in Chicago, IL (44 miles away)
- University of Wisconsin - Whitewater in Whitewater, WI (49 miles away)
- Chicago State University in Chicago, IL (63 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below:
- Visit the main Wisconsin colleges & universities profile page
- Compare other Wisconsin private colleges
- Find out what other Bible and Christian Colleges are located in Wisconsin
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Carthage College for official up-to-date information.