Dominican provides a variety of educational opportunities for students to aid them in their growth and development. The school is located in Orangeburg, NY and operated as a private institution. Dominican has a yearly student enrollment of around two thousand.
Students can select from many areas of study, including:
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Social Sciences
- Business And Marketing Studies
- English Language And Literature
Students applying for admission are usually asked to submit an application, school records, test scores and any requested application essays, which will then be reviewed by admissions officials. Students may submit either the SAT or ACT scores to be considered for admissions at this school. A score within the range of 1180 - 1470 on the SAT, or 18 - 21 for the ACT is usually submitted among accepted students. 71% of those students that apply are admitted to this school, of which 31% choose to attend. More information on admissions can be found here.
Tuition is approximately $25,000 annually, though it may change based on different types of circumstances. Students may check the school's net price calculator to see the personalize cost of attendance. Some students at Dominican College of Blauvelt may qualify for financial aid, which is typically offered as scholarships, grants, and loans.
Dominican has a variety of athletic programs overseen by the NCAA. Athletic programs available may include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division II)
- Basketball (NCAA Division II)
- Golf (NCAA Division II)
- Lacrosse (NCAA Division II)
Students who wish to view more about Dominican can check out their website at http://www.dc.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may give you an idea of the students Dominican College of Blauvelt accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP or college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
The total student enrollment at Dominican College of Blauvelt is about 2,100, where graduate students make up roughly 18% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- The estimated tuition range is around $26,000-$31,000 per year
- The estimated tuition for part time students is around $780 to $930 per unit
- The estimated cost for on campus dorms & meals is around $15,000
Financial Aid Details
The information below lists the financial aid types students are receiving. Also shown are the percent of students receiving aid and the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||98%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||98%||$17,712|
|Receiving Student Loans||85%||$6,708|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and recent graduates, Dominican College of Blauvelt may provide student services like those listed below:
- Online classes
- Night and weekend classes available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Career path counseling
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Assistance to find work
The overall graduation rate of Dominican College is close to 36%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||21%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||12%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||2%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Teacher Education (Bachelor's) Program
- Graduate Teacher Education Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program
Dominican College of Blauvelt is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division II (without football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Central Atlantic Collegiate Conf)
- Basketball (Central Atlantic Collegiate Conf)
- Track and Field, Outdoor
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Dominican College of Blauvelt by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Public Administration and Social Services
Security and Protective Services
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Dominican College of Blauvelt.
- Ramapo College of New Jersey in Mahwah, NJ (12 miles away)
- SUNY College at Old Westbury in Old Westbury, NY (27 miles away)
- Western Connecticut State University in Danbury, CT (36 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Worthington Scranton in Dunmore, PA (91 miles away)
- Rutgers University - Camden in Camden, NJ (98 miles away)
Also, check out our college lists below, which can help students compare schools to one another:
- Browse through our complete list of colleges in New York
- Find out what other private colleges are located in New York
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Dominican College of Blauvelt for official up-to-date information.