Elon University, a nonprofit private institution, offers a variety of program options, allowing students to choose which major is right for them. Located in Elon, North Carolina, it resides in a suburban setting for students to study in. Elon University has a yearly student enrollment of approximately five thousand.
Areas of study offered at Elon University include but are not limited to:
- Communications And Journalism
- Legal Professions And Studies
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Social Sciences
The admissions process starts with the submission of an application, transcripts, records, and test scores, which are then reviewed by the admissions committee. Very common test scores among students accepted to this school are between 25 - 29 on the ACT, or 1680 - 1980 for the SAT exam. This school accepts approximately 60 percent of applicants yearly. Of those accepted, around 27 percent registered for enrollment. More information regarding admissions can be found here.
The cost of undergraduate tuition is approximately $31,000 per year. Tuition prices may change for a variety of reasons, and therefore students should use the school's net price calculator to understand their cost of attendance. School housing is available on-campus for students. The yearly cost of housing is approximately $4,900. Students at this school may be eligible for aid which is generally grants and loans.
Athletic programs are available at Elon University through the NCAA, allowing students to participate in intercollegiate athletics. Sports available may include the following:
- Baseball (NCAA Division I-AA)
- Basketball (NCAA Division I-AA)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division I-AA)
To see a full list of areas of study, enrollment information, admissions information, and more, please take a look at the school's website at http://www.elon.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may give an overview of the candidates Elon University accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Elon University has a total student population of about 6,600, with undergraduate students making up about 89% of the total student population and graduate students making up the rest.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are between $32,000-$38,000 for both state residents and nonresidents
- Part time students pay in the range of $1,000 to $1,200 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||63%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||51%||$11,735|
|Receiving Student Loans||32%||$8,297|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help support students, Elon University may offer student services like:
- Online course work available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Counseling assistance
- Work study style employment
- Assisting students to find work
Elon University has a high graduation rate when compared to nearby similar schools.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||77%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||4%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||0.5%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Law Program
- * Accredited by the American Bar Association, Council of the Section of Legal Education and Admissions to the Bar (since 2011)
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
- * Accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (since 1991)
Elon University is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division I-AA classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Colonial Athletic Association)
- Basketball (Colonial Athletic Association)
- Track and Field (Colonial Athletic Association)
- Football (Colonial Athletic Association)
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Elon University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Elon University.
- North Carolina A & T State University in Greensboro, NC (23 miles away)
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro in Greensboro, NC (24 miles away)
- Winston - Salem State University in Winston-Salem, NC (38 miles away)
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in Chapel Hill, NC (48 miles away)
- North Carolina Central University in Durham, NC (51 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities:
- Compare all colleges & universities in North Carolina
- Get a list of all private colleges in North Carolina
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Elon University for official up-to-date information.