Hastings College is a liberal arts college that offers an undergraduate education and helps students in developing important skills useful in pursuit of graduate education or employment. A liberal arts curriculum exposes students to a variety of topics and subjects. The school is located in Hastings, Nebraska, which is a predominantly rural area. The school's Presbyterian Church affiliation is one of its defining characteristics and plays an important role within the school's vision. Nearly 1,200 students enroll at Hastings College per year.
Here is a list of some of the popular programs Hastings College offers:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Recreation And Fitness Studies
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
- Social Sciences
The admissions process will include the submission of an application, student records, and test scores, which are then reviewed by admissions staff. Most students accepted to Hastings College earn an SAT score between 920 - 1120, or an ACT composite score within the range of 20 - 26. Roughly 70 percent of all applicant were admitted at this school, with 31 percent of those accepted choosing to enroll. More information on admissions can be found at hastings.edu.
Tuition is approximately $26,000 for the year, though it may vary based on any number of circumstances. Students may check the school's price of attendance calculator to see the personalize cost of attendance. This school may offer financial aid for students that qualify in the form of scholarships, grants, and loans.
The Hastings College Broncos participate in a number of intercollegiate athletic programs, with competitions managed and overseen by the NAIA. Athletic programs available may include the following:
- Baseball (NAIA Division II)
- Basketball (NAIA Division II)
- Track & Field (NAIA Division II)
- Football (NAIA Division II)
Contact information, admission forms, programs offered, and more may be accessed on school's website at www.hastings.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may give an overview of the candidates Hastings College accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Hastings College has a total student population of about 1,200. The enrollment breakdown by academic level is 24% enrolling as graduate students and 97% as undergraduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- The estimated tuition range is around $26,000-$31,000 per year
- The estimated tuition for part time students is around $1,100 to $1,300 per unit
- The average estimated cost for on campus dorms & meals is listed to be around $9,700
Financial Aid Details
The table listed below helps break down the types of financial aid students receive and the percent receiving aid, as well as the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||99%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||98%||$18,676|
|Receiving Student Loans||70%||$6,966|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo support students and graduates, Hastings College may offer student services like:
- Remedial instructional courses
- Counseling assistance
- Student employment
- Assistance to find work
The overall graduation rate of Hastings College is close to 58%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||43%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||13%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||2%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Music Program
- * Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music, Commission on Accreditation (since 1947)
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
- * Accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (since 1964)
Hastings College is a Member of National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA), with many of the sports belonging to the NAIA Division II classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Great Plains Athletic Conference)
- Basketball (Great Plains Athletic Conference)
- Track and Field (Great Plains Athletic Conference)
- Football (Great Plains Athletic Conference)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Hastings College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Hastings College.
- University of Nebraska at Kearney in Kearney, NE (38 miles away)
- Fort Hays State University in Hays, KS (129 miles away)
- University of Nebraska at Omaha in Omaha, NE (132 miles away)
- Wayne State College in Wayne, NE (134 miles away)
- Peru State College in Peru, NE (139 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below:
- Browse through our complete list of colleges in Nebraska
- Get a list of all private colleges in Nebraska
- See other Christian and Bible Colleges in Nebraska
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Hastings College for official up-to-date information.