JU is a nonprofit private institution located in Jacksonville, FL and provides a large number of educational opportunities for students. Approximately 3,700 students are enrolled per year at Jacksonville University.
Students can pick from many areas of study, including but not limited to:
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Social Sciences
- Communications And Journalism
Students applying for admission are usually asked to submit an application, school records, test scores and any requested letters of recommendations, which will then be reviewed by admissions staff. Very common test scores among applicants accepted to this school are between 20 to 26 for the ACT exam, or 950 to 1130 for the SAT exam. This school accepts about 40 percent of students applying annually. Of those accepted, around 16 percent registered for enrollment.
The cost of tuition is nearly $31,000, but may change per year. Students are encouraged to use the school's net price calculator to better estimate their cost of attendance. Housing may be available for those that would like to live on-campus for around a cost of $6,400 annually. Students attending JU may qualify for aid which is generally loans, grants, scholarships and work study programs.
The JU Dolphins participate in several intercollegiate athletic programs, as part of the NCAA organization. Athletic programs available include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division I-AA)
- Basketball (NCAA Division I-AA)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division I-AA)
- Football (NCAA Division I-AA)
- Golf (NCAA Division I-AA)
For a complete list of academic programs offered, enrollment information, admissions information, and more, please take a look at the school's website at www.ju.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may give an overview of the candidates JU accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college or dual credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at Jacksonville University is around 4,000 students, where graduate students make up roughly 12% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- The estimated tuition range is around $33,000-$39,000 per year
- Per unit charges are around $1,200 for part time students
- May provide a prepaid tuition option, which allows tuition to be purchased at current rates for enrollment at a future date
Financial Aid Details
The table listed below helps break down the types of financial aid students receive and the percent receiving aid, as well as the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||99%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||98%||$21,001|
|Receiving Student Loans||58%||$7,647|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and recent graduates, Jacksonville University may offer student services including:
- Distance learning
- Night and weekend classes available
- Remedial courses
- Career path counseling
- Work study style employment
- Employment search assistance
JU has an overall graduation rate which is approximately 38%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||24%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||12%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||2%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Dance Program
- Music Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program
- Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics Program
JU is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division I-AA classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Atlantic Sun Conference)
- Basketball (Atlantic Sun Conference)
- Track and Field (Atlantic Sun Conference)
- Football (Pioneer Football League)
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Jacksonville University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Transportation and Materials Moving
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Jacksonville University.
- University of North Florida in Jacksonville, FL (10 miles away)
- College of Coastal Georgia in Brunswick, GA (58 miles away)
- Valdosta State University in Valdosta, GA (106 miles away)
- Armstrong State University in Savannah, GA (115 miles away)
- Savannah State University in Savannah, GA (120 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities:
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Jacksonville University for official up-to-date information.