Limestone College provides a variety of degree programs for students to aid them in their growth and development. The school is located in Gaffney, South Carolina and operated as a private institution. Approximately three thousand students are enrolled yearly at Limestone College.
Students can pick from a few areas of study, including:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Public Administration And Social Services
- Liberal Arts And Sciences
- Security And Protective Services
The admissions process will include the submission of an application, student records, and test scores, which are then reviewed by admissions officials. Either the SAT or ACT exam can be taken in order to be able to apply to this school. Scores within the range of 15 - 20 on the ACT or 820 - 1010 on the SAT are recommended to greatly increase your chances for getting accepted. 51% of students that apply are admitted to this school, of which 37 percent choose to attend. More information on admissions can be found at limestone.edu.
Undergraduate tuition is approximately $22,000 for the year, though it may change based on any number of circumstances. Students may visit the school's tuition calculator to see the personalize cost of attendance. On-campus housing is available for students, which costs around $4,100 for the year. Students at Limestone College may qualify for aid which is generally scholarships, grants, and loans.
The Limestone College "Saints" compete in a number of intercollegiate sports through participation in the NCAA. Athletic programs available include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division II)
- Basketball (NCAA Division II)
- Field Hockey (NCAA Division II)
Students should visit the website to get a complete list of areas of study, programs, financial aid details, and more.
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may give you an idea of the candidates Limestone College accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP or college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at Limestone College is around 3,100 students, where graduate students make up roughly 14% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition is estimated to be around $26,000 per year for in-state and nonresident students
- Part time students pay in the range of $1,000 to $1,200 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The financial aid table below details the types of financial aid, along with the percent of students receiving aid, and on average the amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||99%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||99%||$14,720|
|Receiving Student Loans||82%||$10,245|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help support students, Limestone College may offer student services including:
- Online classes
- Weekend and night classes available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Work study style employment
- Helping students find work after graduation
The overall graduation rate of Limestone College is close to 36%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||19%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||14%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||4%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Music Program
- * Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music, Commission on Accreditation (since 1946)
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
- * Accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (since 2009)
Limestone College is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division II (without football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Conference Carolinas)
- Basketball (Conference Carolinas)
- Field Hockey
- Track and Field, Outdoor
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Limestone College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Limestone College.
- University of South Carolina - Upstate in Spartanburg, SC (19 miles away)
- University of South Carolina - Union in Union, SC (24 miles away)
- Winthrop University in Rock Hill, SC (37 miles away)
- University of South Carolina - Lancaster in Lancaster, SC (54 miles away)
- Lander University in Greenwood, SC (66 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below:
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Limestone College for official up-to-date information.