Lincoln Memorial University provides a variety of program options for students to aid them in their growth and development. The school is located in Harrogate, TN and operated as a private institution. Enrollment at LMU exceeds 4,400 annually.
Here is a list of some of the popular programs LMU offers:
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Recreation And Fitness Studies
The admissions process will begin with the submission of an application, school records, and standardized test scores, which are then evaluated by the admissions committee. An ACT or SAT exam is required prior to applying, with scores within the range of 915 - 1100 on the SAT and in a range of 20 - 25 for the ACT exam is typical among students admitted to LMU. LMU has an admissions rate of around 65 percent of which only 31 percent chose to enroll. More information regarding admissions can be found at lmunet.edu.
The cost of tuition is around $19,000, but may change each year. Students are encouraged to visit the school's tuition calculator to better estimate their cost of attending Lincoln Memorial University. Housing is available on-campus for students. The yearly cost of housing is about $4,800. Students attending LMU may qualify for aid which is typically loans, grants, scholarships and work study programs.
The mascot for LMU is the "Railsplitters", and they participate in intercollegiate athletic programs through the NCAA. Athletic programs that are available may include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division II)
- Basketball (NCAA Division II)
- Golf (NCAA Division II)
- Soccer (NCAA Division II)
Contact information, admission forms, programs offered, and more may be viewed on school's website at www.lmunet.edu today.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may provide a better idea of the students LMU accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at Lincoln Memorial University is around 4,000 students. The enrollment breakdown by academic level is 7% enrolling as graduate students and 42% as undergraduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition is estimated to range between $20,000-$24,000 for both in-state and out-of-state students
- For part-time students, charges are between $830-$1,000 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table listed below helps break down the types of financial aid students receive and the percent receiving aid, as well as the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||100%||$18,504|
|Receiving Student Loans||80%||$4,227|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and recent graduates, Lincoln Memorial University may offer services to students like:
- Online classes
- Night and weekend classes available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Counseling assistance
- Student employment
- Helping students find work after graduation
Lincoln Memorial University has an overall graduation rate which is around 53%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||10%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||20%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||4%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- English Language Program
- Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) Program
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program
- Master's Degree in Nursing (MSN) Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- Osteopathic Medicine (D.O.) Program
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
- Veterinary Medicine (D.V.M.) Program
LMU is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division II (without football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (South Atlantic Conference)
- Basketball (South Atlantic Conference)
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Lincoln Memorial University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
English Language and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Lincoln Memorial University.
- The University of Virginia's College at Wise in Wise, VA (67 miles away)
- Tennessee Technological University in Cookeville, TN (107 miles away)
- Morehead State University in Morehead, KY (112 miles away)
- Kentucky State University in Frankfort, KY (130 miles away)
- The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga in Chattanooga, TN (140 miles away)
Also, check out our college lists below, which can help students compare schools to one another:
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Lincoln Memorial University for official up-to-date information.